+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default azelaic acid/ tretinoin/ minox...sides?

I am using a custom compounded minox with these ingredients and I feel like I'm having some minor sexual sides from it. Nowhere near the level I had on fin, but still present. Is azelaic acid potent enough to cause sexual sides for someone who's very sensitive to AA's?

is this mixture from Murray Pharmacy aka Susan?

Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Yes it is.

I just put in a prescription for mine, so I cannot speak on the effects, as this is my first time using a compounded minox, or AA. What ingredients are in your mix? What % minox are you using? Perhaps it could be the progesterone if you selected that option. I would assume its more something that would mess with hormones that would affect you sexually, than an acid.

I know other users in this forum have either used AA, or uses Susan's mixture, and I am surprised that no one has spoken up and chimed in on this, but on a whole I feel like I a lot of ppl on this forum just read posts and never reply to anything unless it concerns them which is very selfish of them, but thats human nature i guess.

I've been using Susan's lotion for about 4 weeks now but I'm not experiencing any extra sexual sides. I only have 0.05 fin though instead of 0.1 as I experience sides when taking fin orally. I do however experience some stinging for 5-10 mins after applying the lotion and my skin is a little red where it's been applied.

Quote Originally Posted by lukey View Post
    I've been using Susan's lotion for about 4 weeks now but I'm not experiencing any extra sexual sides. I only have 0.05 fin though instead of 0.1 as I experience sides when taking fin orally. I do however experience some stinging for 5-10 mins after applying the lotion and my skin is a little red where it's been applied.
    Hi Lukey, what ingredients are in your mixture, and what is the % minox in it? what % minox were you using prior to susans formula?

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    Hi Lukey, what ingredients are in your mixture, and what is the % minox in it? what % minox were you using prior to susans formula?
    15% Minox
    0.05% fin
    1.5% Azelaic acid
    0.25% progesterone
    0.025% tretinoin
    0.1% hydrocortisone

This was recommended to me by Jazz as its very similar to Dr Kleins formula. Before this I was taking 5% Kirkland Minox.
    I think it's doing something but its too early to say how much it's working. I had seen some small regrowth with the 5% Minox but they were small hairs which didn't seem to want to get bigger. Tbh I'm at the stage where my hairline is getting that bad I'm starting to panic and unable to look at it objectively. I'm actually looking into the process of possibly having an FUE later in the year, I'm just thankful that the rest of my head is still good at the moment.

any side effects (headache, irritation, shedding) from the jump from 5% minox to 15%?

Quote Originally Posted by lukey View Post
    15% Minox
    0.05% fin
    1.5% Azelaic acid
    0.25% progesterone
    0.025% tretinoin
    0.1% hydrocortisone

This was recommended to me by Jazz as its very similar to Dr Kleins formula. Before this I was taking 5% Kirkland Minox.
    I think it's doing something but its too early to say how much it's working. I had seen some small regrowth with the 5% Minox but they were small hairs which didn't seem to want to get bigger. Tbh I'm at the stage where my hairline is getting that bad I'm starting to panic and unable to look at it objectively. I'm actually looking into the process of possibly having an FUE later in the year, I'm just thankful that the rest of my head is still good at the moment.

Hey guys I will reply later, I had so much going on recently in my personal life!

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    any side effects (headache, irritation, shedding) from the jump from 5% minox to 15%?

Slight stinging for 5-10 mins after applying but certainly nothing to make me feel like I want to stop using. Skin is quite red where it has been applied but it looks a lot worse than what it feels. Might be the Azelaic acid but it's only 1.5%. I think my hairline has shed but looking at photos the redness on my hairline where I have applied it makes it difficult to tell.