Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lukey
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    I actually don't think the side effects I had were coming from the minox compound i made, but rather, the saw palmetto in the shampoo. I stopped using the shampoo and now I have no sides..or maybe my body just adjusted quickly. I don't know..but they were very real, but nowhere near as bad as the oral fin sides I had..those were horrific.
    What shampoo were you using? I've switched to regenepure which has saw palmetto but can't say I've noticed any difference in terms of sides. I've actually emailed them to see how much they put in, can't imagine it will be that much, hopefully they get back to me.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

so I've been using minox for 3 years..didn't really do anything for me that i noticed but i kept using it..now I'm using this formulation and shedding like crazy and I have some scalp irritation. do you guys think this is a good or bad sign? have you experienced this?

Comment

• sherpa
        • Feb 2015

So I'm from the US and in 2013 I lived in Kathmandu, Nepal. While there I picked up a product that uses this combination of azelaic acid, tretinoin and 5% minoxidil. Its called Minokem. I use Rogain foam once in the morning and the minokem drip that I brought back to the US at night. The minokem ingredients tend to burn a bit so I dont like to use it more than once per day. I'm not sure if its the azelaic acid or what causes the slight burn.

Anyway, I seem to be having luck. My full regimen is finesteride every other day, Rogain in the morning and Minokem before bed. Once every three days I wash my hair (according the the bottle directions) with Nizoral 1%.

I may continue to use the Minokem and have someone ship it to me. It's so cheap in Nepal. Like 6 bucks a bottle..

Comment

Working...