+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will I be able to hold on to my hair until Histogen is available!?

I am barely 18 and I know I am balding, I am already nw 1.5-2. I've had a large forehead for all my life and now I noticed the receding hairline. My dad now is something like nw6 and he was nw 3 when he was in his late twenties early thirties. But on my mothers side everyone has a head full of hair except my great grandmother who is now like 96 years. So I have been researching hair loss and I am optimistic about the future treatments. But I am not sure that I would have hair on my head by then.
    Attachment 37475Attachment 37476Attachment 37477

How r u sure that histogen would hit the market???

Isn't this a mature hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by lelma View Post
    Isn't this a mature hairline?
    He is barely 18 years old and has a family history of hairloss.

Start with minoxidil and keto shampoo reasonistian, you are a bit young to use finasteride so hold off that for a couple years at least. If you maintain what you have with those meds then I would consider you saved!

P.s if you grow your hair longer you can style it with practice to cover your temple points naturally and it will frame your face better.

Quote Originally Posted by thejack View Post
    He is barely 18 years old and has a family history of hairloss.

Start with minoxidil and keto shampoo reasonistian, you are a bit young to use finasteride so hold off that for a couple years at least. If you maintain what you have with those meds then I would consider you saved!

P.s if you grow your hair longer you can style it with practice to cover your temple points naturally and it will frame your face better.
    He could hold off fin for a couple of years but if his hair loss will advance rather rapid over the course of those years, he's going to wish he would have started it at this moment.

@OP: You don't necessarily have to take fin, but it is by far your best shot at maintaining. Think about it and do what feels right. I am in the exact same situation (teenager + balding =/= fun) as you are so I know how you feel. I too fear that I won't have a lot of hair on my head anymore when better things come out, but I do my best to maintain what I have right now with fin, minox and ru

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    He could hold off fin for a couple of years but if his hair loss will advance rather rapid over the course of those years, he's going to wish he would have started it at this moment.
    Yeah sure I meant if I was him I would definitely take it but need to be aware what exactly the drug does and the elevated dangers if you are still not fully out of puberty.

I am thinking of accepting hair loss for now and use a semi-permanent hair piece when I become bald. They have came a long way since the 80s and decent ones can only be recognized on close inspection, and they don't need much maintenance besides reapplying the adhesive every 3-4 week (not more than 20 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by reasonistian View Post
    I am thinking of accepting hair loss for now and use a semi-permanent hair piece when I become bald. They have came a long way since the 80s and decent ones can only be recognized on close inspection, and they don't need much maintenance besides reapplying the adhesive every 3-4 week (not more than 20 minutes)
    You don't accept hair loss "for now". You either accept it or you don't. Really, the whole hair piece thing seems like a terrible idea because you have a good head of hair now and it can likely be maintained with finasteride and minox but instead you're choosing the more stressful way of fighting hair loss. As with a lot of things and especially hair loss: prevention is better than cure.

I don't like the idea of taking fin and dealing with side effects and treatment would only slow down hair loss for maybe 5-6? years the hair loss will be accelerated. I had one of my teachers who told me he has been wearing a hairpiece for 12 years after I made a comment about my hair loss, he even let me check it and it was damn convincing even to the touch.

These side effects that you are scared of are uncommon, most of us don't have any issues with taking the drug, and it is pretty much your best bet for keeping your hair.