+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PRP Therapy

Default PRP Therapy

Hey there guys,

It's been just a little over two weeks since I had my first PRP therapy session with Dr. Alan Feller in Great Neck, NY. I just wanted to let you all know and track my progress as we go along to really see if this has any effect. The procedure cost $800, so I'm really hoping to see SOME sort of result. I was told that usually the effects are noticed after about two months.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo before I had it done, but I can tell you in two weeks I haven't noticed any change at all so I'll go ahead and take a picture and post it.

Even though the procedure was pretty pricey, the atmosphere was relatively comfortable and the staff was very nice. I was afraid that the procedure was going to leave my head pretty rough-looking and cut up (I had my hair shaved almost down to the scalp), but I have too say that Dr. Feller and his assistant did a very good job on this. My scalp was a little red, but otherwise I looked completely normal.

Let me also remind you that 100% of my balding is in the frontal region. I want to see how much thickness and regrowth can occur with PRP therapy. I really hope I didn't throw away $800.

Pics coming soon.

I'm very interested in trying PRP. Please keep us updated and I hope it works well for you!

I also hope that your PRP results turn out well. I had mine done in June with Dr. Greco and I had a great experience also. I also had the PRP focused in my frontal hairline, however, Dr. Greco and others have told me that frontal hair is more difficult to treat than hair in the crown. But the good news is that I did notice improvement in my frontal scalp and I truly believe that this treatment, along with other treatments, can fully stop the progression of your hairloss or even slow it down even further than Propecia alone.

Overall I noticed about a 10% increase in density in my opinion through observations. Plus I've gotten complemented by people I know who have said that my hair seems more darker and healthier. I love this treatment personally and would not mind flying to beautiful Florida every 8 months to maintain my hair! <--- this is MUCH better than miniaturization!

Also, just recently there has been an approval for a large study to be conducted with PRP and hairloss though the IDI Vatican's hospital in Rome. This will help validate PRP and could possibly reveal PRP's full potential. I feel like we are heading in the right direction. I believe the hairloss community has the drugs and treatments to maintain their hair and have a bright upcoming future! I'm glad to see that the people in here are being proactive and supportive of one another b/c if we put all of our heads and aspirations together we can solve this problem!

-Destin

good luck! You are true fighter to spend 800 dollars on something that is so new and unproven. For some reason though I have a feeling it will work for you! Keep us posted!

Default pics at 2.5 weeks

Alright guys - here is the first set of pics. We're only at 2.5 weeks here, so I have seen no difference nor did I expect to see any this early in the game. I know I made a mistake by keeping the flash on. Will turn it off next time.

I will probably trim my hair a little bit between now and then too, but not too close to prevent us from seeing any difference.

Will take the next set of pics in 2 weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 -front.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	3136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 - Top.jpg

Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	3137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 - Right.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	3138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 - Left.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	3139  

I'm very interested in this, thanks for keeping us posted and good luck!