+ Reply to Thread

Default 16 and possibly balding. Need answers

Hi, I am a 16 year old boy and I am possibly starting to show signs of MBP. I need to confirm what it is so I may be able to reverse it. I have always had a high hairline and a huge forehead. But I feel like it's gotten worse over the past 2 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	37450  

Hard to tell with just one pic, but it does look like you have some recession. I replied to a thread a few minutes ago about a 15yo that may be going bald. I will give you the same advice. Talk to your parents and have them make an appointment for you to see a doctor. Hopefully he or she can shed some light on your situation.

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hard to tell with just one pic, but it does look like you have some recession. I replied to a thread a few minutes ago about a 15yo that may be going bald. I will give you the same advice. Talk to your parents and have them make an appointment for you to see a doctor. Hopefully he or she can shed some light on your situation.
    Thanks, yeah I will do that. One thing that contradicts balding is that I looked where my head rests every night and there's only a few small hairs that may even be dog hair. (I have a pretty sheddy dog). Note that I had been putting my head on this pillow for about a week.

Few meaning about three.

Yep same as what Notcool said. Also look if there's any history of hair loss in your family (dad, both grandpa's, brothers if you have them, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Yep same as what Notcool said. Also look if there's any history of hair loss in your family (dad, both grandpa's, brothers if you have them, etc)
    My dad has a full head of hair and is 61. My moms side is all bald.

They all started later than 16 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Codyiscool448 View Post
    My dad has a full head of hair and is 61. My moms side is all bald.
    Well, it could come from your moms side then. Them starting later than 16 might not be true, not everybody notices their balding in the very first stages. For example, my dad said he started to go bald when he was 25 while he already was a NW3 / NW4 at that age. If someone would see you in real life, they probably woudn't assume you're balding, especially if you cover up recession with a certain kind of hair style. However, if you're really balding (pretty likely as you seem to have recession) and you would let it go untreated, it would probably still take a couple of years before people start to think you're balding, while you in fact were already balding for a while.

So don't always take people on their word when they something like "I started balding at x years old" because they were likely balding some time before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Well, it could come from your moms side then. Them starting later than 16 might not be true, not everybody notices their balding in the very first stages. For example, my dad said he started to go bald when he was 25 while he already was a NW3 / NW4 at that age. If someone would see you in real life, they probably woudn't assume you're balding, especially if you cover up recession with a certain kind of hair style. However, if you're really balding (pretty likely as you seem to have recession) and you would let it go untreated, it would probably still take a couple of years before people start to think you're balding, while you in fact were already balding for a while.

So don't always take people on their word when they something like "I started balding at x years old" because they were likely balding some time before that.
    I get that yeah. I am also realizing now that the skin on my head is super loose and I was pulling it back hard, I feel like that gives the illusion of a little more recession than I actually have. I'll upload a more careful picture.