+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice

Hi, I'm 30 and has been thinning since 23. My crown has a bald spot and mid scalp and frontal has some diffuse thinning, not serious can easily solved by toppik. I havent been on any treatment until recently I have used RU. So my MPB progress is rather slow I'd say. Considering replace my crown bt HT and leave the mid scalp waiting for new cutting edge stuff. My questions are,

Why HT cant be regarded as a cure? The donor follicles are genetically insensitive to androgen. Say, in my case, my crown will be solved with HT, the donor follicles should theoretically live a long time, so isnt it equal to a cure?

Should I try minox first? but i heard that minox effect will only last for 2 years, so at the end I still need a HT?

Is my age suitable for HT?

I dont want to have a scar, is that can be avoided now?

Will HT has negative effect on future treatments such as Replicel, Bim, Set, etc?

Please give me some advice. Many thanks.

Well you are getting to a good start with your research. But you really need to do more extensive research to understand that MPB is progressive and why HTs won't cure genetic hair loss.

Do thorough research on effective hair loss meds and then consider trying them to see if you can get some stabilization of your hair loss rather than seeking surgery first.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

So you mean if I do the HT, the hairs around the transplanted hairs shed, leaving a transplanted island looks weird? I've just read more about HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    So you mean if I do the HT, the hairs around the transplanted hairs shed, leaving a transplanted island looks weird? I've just read more about HT.
    That's more the potential of shock loss that you are referring to however it's also the continued progression of loss around the recipient area that can leave gaps of missing hair.

Very few guys can get by with just one procedure in their lifetime because again, MPB is progressive in nature.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin