+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Nice post & good work sdsurfin, really interesting post.

Damn I always say to myself that I shouldn't look forward to future treatments and that I should just focus on what we have right now, but things are starting to look pretty good right now in terms of maintenance. Here's to that we still have enough hair by the time this comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Thank you sdsurfin. You basically proved that they are moving from the immunization perspective. There was some mention about this in 2012. And I spoke about this (although I was speculating) in my posts. Basically Replicel will make Propecia obsolete. It should stop the further hair loss, by stopping fibrosis and it has one of the best safety profiles, meaning no side effects.
    There are still some questions remaining:
    1. Will they be able to prove this in phase 2 trials?
    2. Since this is mostly for stopping hair loss, it means we will have to turn to other treatments to generate new hair: HTs would be very viable if someone uses this while being NW3 and lower. However higher Norwoods will have to use something else to generate new hair. My highest hope is for Histogen they showed decent results in their latest trials, after 6 months. They showed increased total terminal hair count after 12 months compared to 6. And they have shown diminishing results after repeated injections at the same treatment site.
    3. This is the biggest question IMO. Replicel phase 2 trials as reported many times in their investor reports will last 39 months. Will they start Phase 3 before finishing Phase 2? Or will we have to wait? What about Shiseido? Sure they don't need to go for Phase 3 trials but we still don't know if they will go for Phase I, Phase IIa or clean Phase II trials.

What do you mean Histogen has shown "diminishing" results after repeated injections at the same site? Are you saying that by giving repeat injections at the same site Histogen's got worse results? It is my understanding that by giving repeat injections at the same site Histogen got better results. Please post a link to Histogen results got worse results after repeat injections to the same site.

DIMINISHED results = worse results.

Exactly it sucks hair falls out so fast. Still, it takes more than five years usually for a hair to fully crap out, so hopefully this stuff will bring back a fair amount. If it's as good as propecia we will have a lot to be thankful for. Fingers crossed.

So will the new hair that is produced after the procedure be androgen resistant and this procedure won't be able to give a nice shiny head a full head of hair? I'm sorry I'm not a hair expert and I tried my best to process that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5 View Post
    So will the new hair that is produced after the procedure be androgen resistant and this procedure won't be able to give a nice shiny head a full head of hair? I'm sorry I'm not a hair expert and I tried my best to process that conversation.
    Yes, it will be. Even if they aren't, just go in for another treatment. Problem solved.

Thank you for the interview sdsurfin. This gave me a small slimmer of hope

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5 View Post
    From what I gather, they take cells from androgen resistant hair (hair in the back of the scalp that should never die), then they do something to those cells and inject them into the hair follicles that are NOT androgen resistant (meaning they are prone to be affected by MPB), making this follicles androgen resistant too. Bottom line is you get hair that is immune to androgenetic alopecia, meaning that you will maintain what you have for the rest of your life. At least that's what I believe they're aiming for?

Correct me if I'm wrong but no other company has actually said they think they have a cure. Ive always heard them hide behind words like "might, could, promote, potential, and treatment". Im glad they are so forthcoming with their info. They definitely aren't playing the Follica game. If these researchers are so confident with the results of upcoming trials then that seems like a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnor View Post
    From what I gather, they take cells from androgen resistant hair (hair in the back of the scalp that should never die), then they do something to those cells and inject them into the hair follicles that are NOT androgen resistant (meaning they are prone to be affected by MPB), making this follicles androgen resistant too. Bottom line is you get hair that is immune to androgenetic alopecia, meaning that you will maintain what you have for the rest of your life. At least that's what I believe they're aiming for?
    That's what I'm also getting from my interpretation of this. Can someone please confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    No problem man. Some people on here are braindead, they can believe what they want. I'd be happy to take screenshots from where I asked them the questions, but honestly I couldn't be bothered, and have no desire to reveal my real name. I was honestly stunned that they answered my questions, and so thoroughly, it's probably because I can use my brain and ask about things that are relevant to their line of inquiry. It's funny that someone would think I took the time out of my life to invent all that stuff, I'm just trying to enlighten people on here because I know it sucks not to have info. Maybe from now on I'll keep it to myself, god knows these researchers don't need their names associated online with the morass of imbeciles that seems to lurk on here. Pretty sure Dr. Xu stopped answering my emails because his name started to pop up on here.
    Thank you man

This is good info.
    Can you ask them about projected patient availability?