+ Reply to Thread

Default Scalp pain after a year on fin

Hey, so basically had been on finasteride for a year and three months. (Recently been weaning off) at the 12 month mark I had a random shed followed by increased sex drive, followed by oily scalp, followed by scalp pimples, and scalp pain. During the first year on 1.25mg, I experienced no change to my hair and no shedding. At 1 year I've now receded only hairline and developed pain, pimples on hairline, the whole 9 yards.

Anyone get this before and did it stop when you quit the drug? I DO NOT want to go on Dutasteride in fear of have this reaction again.

I NEED HELP!!! I didn't have thinning hair or a bald spot, just some recession on right hairline. Now my left is taking a s*** and my scalp hurts in spots!

Dr. Rashid, first of all it feels great to have a response from a medical professional so thank you. I've been to a dermatologist and she told me that I may have sebborheic dermatitis, however my scalp has no redness or dandruff. I will definitely ask for a biopsy now, but do you believe that finasteride could have contributed to this? I read things about others having similar issues and then quitting due to them.

Dr. Rashid, once again, thank you for the reply. I've been trying to wean off of finasteride but the issue, although it seems to have died down some, still persists. Do you know how I can locate a university? I live in New Jersey so if you know of any, please let me know.

I will definitely check into those. Thank you so much for your help, Dr. Rashid. I appreciate it more than you can imagine!