+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default can i pull off the shaved head??

I started losing my hair when I was 18. I am now 28, I wore hats every day to cover my thinning hair. I was paranoid suicidal, just an all-around depressed person. I’ve been getting short hair cuts to try and cover my thinning hair. I’m just ****ing sick of this I want a life, a good one!! Not this ****ing fear based shitty one. I recently just got out of a relationship, found out my girlfriend was cheating on me. But when I was with her my thinning hair stopped bothering me. I went out without hats; I was a happy guy for the first time in a long time. But now I have next to no self-esteem. I have been trying to get better I’m going to the gym I bought some nice new clothes, even planned on getting braces to fix my teeth. But there is just the one thing. My ****ing hair its beating me. It’s my head shape or else I would have buzzed it off a long time ago. I have a huge head, massive! It’s why I can’t accept it. I have already gone through all the stages this is the last one I just need a push. So I have some pictures and I was just wondering what people think I will be a freak or an alien or can I pull it off and live my life?
    Thanks for even reading this and giving me your time.
    Jesse
    http://imgur.com/BRgDJPq http://imgur.com/RcEVO28

Yo man! It's hard to see since we've only got pictures of your face, not your sides or profile etc. I didn't notice you had a large head at first, but when you mention it, sure it might be on the larger side but the difference between your jawline when you've got that nice beard and the side of your head, i wouldnt notice it. You could try to buzzcut your hair, and taper the sides, so the sides are slightly shorter? I absolutely would buzz it or see if i could rock the shave if i were you. It's hard to say if anyone could rock the shave...but i would try it, at least. And regarding your self-esteem, read the book Models by Mark Manson. It helped me a lot. Check out his website as well, and stay in the gym. Get braces as well if you think that would help your self-esteem! Cheers.

Bro, you're head looks good. you seem proportional. Sincerely, rather than shave it I'd suggest going the 0 guard route. You seem like you'd fit it well.

Coming from a guy who shaves his head, yeah man you'd look great. Nothing to worry about at all.. May take some time to get used to but it's worth it. Truth is, everyone thinks they have a big or misshapen head, but it's all in our minds. I remember pulling my hair back and looking at my forehead thinking "I'll never be able to pull the shaved look" and now after shaving for so long I can hardly stand for even just a little to grow back. Hope this helps, I think you could rock it man..

Drop the V neck thing wtf? heh

Put some muscle on. It -looks- like you've got no shoulders/traps.

tbh the beard is probably the thing that makes you look reasonable without hair.

I think you can shave/buzz it, just don't drop the facial hair.

Hey honestly, I couldn’t recongise any fault or abnormal shape as far as your head is considered. I do agree sometimes that the bald look can be a bland look. And surely you don’t want to look like a clone of other bald men. But in your case, your facial hair are complimenting so well. It will balance your face, draw away the attention from the bald head, give you more personality, and grant you a golden man card. Just be strategic about the use of facial hair from the aesthetic and cosmetic sides. Don’t lose confidence, in fact many think, men with shaved head are seen as more dominant, confident and masculine than men with hair. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse23234 View Post
    I started losing my hair when I was 18. I am now 28, I wore hats every day to cover my thinning hair. I was paranoid suicidal, just an all-around depressed person. I’ve been getting short hair cuts to try and cover my thinning hair. I’m just ****ing sick of this I want a life, a good one!! Not this ****ing fear based shitty one. I recently just got out of a relationship, found out my girlfriend was cheating on me. But when I was with her my thinning hair stopped bothering me. I went out without hats; I was a happy guy for the first time in a long time. But now I have next to no self-esteem. I have been trying to get better I’m going to the gym I bought some nice new clothes, even planned on getting braces to fix my teeth. But there is just the one thing. My ****ing hair its beating me. It’s my head shape or else I would have buzzed it off a long time ago. I have a huge head, massive! It’s why I can’t accept it. I have already gone through all the stages this is the last one I just need a push. So I have some pictures and I was just wondering what people think I will be a freak or an alien or can I pull it off and live my life?
    Thanks for even reading this and giving me your time.
    Jesse
    http://imgur.com/BRgDJPq http://imgur.com/RcEVO28
    You can easily pull off the head shave/clipped off. You are handsome and have a great head shape!

Yes, keep the beard but keep it neat and trimmed. Youtube Frank Medrano, Aaron Marino (just don't look at his hair), Brendon Burchard. I actually hired Aaron, basically said make me the best me I could be with my faults. Going out of your comfort zone is hard but well worth it. You defiently need to add more muscle mass. Nothing crazy and you can get there by not going to a gym. Just need to eat for it, rest and pick up a hobby that involves PUSHING your body to the max. Cycling, Crossfit, something cool and fun. I always wanted to be that normal guy but when the shirt comes off jaws drop and you paralyse everyone, they are not winners and you'll make them question themselves. Invest in yourselve and you won't lose. Another benifit in investing in yourselve will be better jobs, more money and better confidence.

you're a handsome dude, just buzz it to a zero and move on. Don't worry about hair anymore, work on other things, and don't let others define your self worth. Therapy helps too. good luck man