+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by follicallychallengedkid View Post
    Labrat69,

I don't mean to offend you in any way but could all this be due to natural aging. You said you've been on finasteride for 10 years now. Even for non-balding male that has never even touched finasteride, what he could achieve in terms of sex/ejaculation when he was 17 is going to differ somewhat at age just shy from 30.

-FCK

My dad is 67 years old and, according to him, he still has very powerful full ejaculations and the sperm is very thick. We are italians and the libidos are quite extreme in my family.

We can't verify what those celebs have done, or why, but obviously for actors looks matter much more, especially to land certain roles. However, Jude Law exhibits hair loss in both pictures (one is more apparent because it's more recent, and his hair is short).

But generally speaking, the head is half bald or half hairy, it's depends on how you look at it.

Also, because your dad still has powerful ejaculations, doesn't necessarily mean you must, too.

Likewise, because you're a certain ethnicity or from a certain family, doesn't necessarily mean you must display all their traits.

Nothing against you, but all we have are the cards we're dealt, so we might as well play along.

You talk to your 67 year old father about his ejaculate??? That’s something! Also being Italian has nothing to do with a person’s sex drive, but I now better understand your rational. I think you just need to relax about the whole thing and you’ll see that you are probably a very normal functioning male.

i´v been on finas more than 2 months and ever since i have watery semen it does not afect your sexual performance, but my gf asked me if i had been with somebody else , i told her it was due to finas , of course she looked it up on google..

ive been on propecia for 3 and a half months and i have watery semen also but my sex drive is the same so i might just stay on it just to see what results (if any) i get and weigh up the options from that point.

Last week, i was having pain in my testicles for the first time since being on propecia. I wasnt sure if it was related but i was worried so i skipped a dose of propecia and then the following day i had just half a pill (0.5mg). The pain went away and the following morning, i tested my trouser department and noticed that my semen was nice and thick just like before but went watery again when i had a full dose of 1mg daily.

Ive recently researched on the pros and cons of taking a smaller dose than 1mg and im very surprised and glad to see hard evidence from many many sites all over the internet that taking tiny doses such as 0.2mg has almost the same effect on taking 1mg and even 5mg which is found in proscar pills (many of you may already be aware of this).

My suggestion to you is get a pill cutter and take half a pill and see if you notice any thickness in your semen. I am staggered to find that taking a tiny dossage like 0.2mg has almost the same affect as the full 1mg (5mg proscar), its almost to good to be true because this may well help in solving side affects such as watery semen.

Taking any less than 0.2mg was found to have no affect on dht blockage, so my suggestion would be to take half a pill (0.5mg) as a compromise.

the advantage of taking a full 1mg pill compared to 0.2mg or 0.5mg for instance, is very small and some suggestions that it may be identical.

I find it bizarre that one of the reasons that the manufacturer (Merck) gives for the medication being available only in 1mg is that it is a rounded number. What a pathetic reason. They put mathematics in front of health, not just mathematics but the most basic of basic maths, maybe its just a little (very little) more work to produce in a portion which doesnt consist as a whole number.

Taking less dossage also obviously cuts expenses for us which is brilliant, but certainly, my priority is my health and general well being at the moment. I will cut down to 0.5mg soon myself once ive let the full 1mg (although not much more beneficial) take its course as i can live with the watery semen for the time being.

Sorry for the long message but at the end of the day. You have to balance everything up. if your side affect is bothering you, cut down your dose. Do some research on taking less dose if you havnt already.

i got on 5mg generic finas, cut in 4 1.25mg had major sides, mainly brainfog so i lowered the dose , problem solved cut the pill in 6 and no more brain fog or watery semen

i have been on proecia now for 2 weeks and have the same thing, watery seamen, its really the only side effect apart from my balls also seem to have like shrunk? my libido is alright and i can still get a hard on etc but i am just scared that my sperm count has been lowered and i might not be able to have kids when i'm older, i mean if i was mid 30's and married with 2 kids i wouldnt give this side effect a second thought but i am not, i'm 22 and just hope it doesnt damage my sperm count to where i have to spend thousands on IVF later down the road, dont get me wrong i will persever but if things dont improve i'm gonna cut my losses and move on

hey rozza, just so you know. i stopped using propecia in jan 2010 and had used it for about 2 months. about a week after i stopped using propecia my semen was not watery anymore and looked normal. however, now i'm married and i am trying to have kids and my sperm count is low and the sperm motility is also low. but according to my wife's obgyn, he said propecia should not have caused it though. the obgyn also told me to go to a urolgist since they should have the most knowledge about sperm count. i then tried to go to a urologist to see why i have a low sperm count and my insurance rejected the request since infertility is not covered. so my advice for you is to go to a urologist (if you can) and ask him about the effect of propecia on sperm counts and motility.

Default thanks

thanks for the reply man, i've just decided to give it up, sounds stupid after 2 weeks but i did say to myself if anything that will harm me down the road happens im off it, just hope things return to normal, the real annoying thing is that it does what it says and stops hair loss, i go in the shower run my hands through my hair and alread notice like way less coming out and some days nothing, so cruel that there cant just be a pill out there that just has no sides what so ever and is guarenteed to work, i wouldnt care if this nightmare that is hair loss started in my 40's when it does for the majority, 22 god has just dealt me a cruel hand i guess, good luck with everything man, hoping my stuff all goes back to normal now in the next week or so or i will be in real panic mode

Many men end up infertile from propecia.

Propeciahelp.com