+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default propecia and watery semen

i have been on propecia for a month and every since i have started i have noticed that semen is definitely more watery. just wondering if anyone has experienced this and know if it is safe and normal.

Think it can be a common side effect. Don't stress to much as early days on the drug - Give the body chance to get used to it. It will more than likely return to norm over time.
    All the best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree with Spex. I have had a few patients over the years that had similar complaints after starting to use Propecia. Those patients who did not panic and stayed with the medication did return to normal over time.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default you WILL have watery semen -- GUARUNTEED !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I've been taking 1.25 mg every other day for over 10 years now so I think I'm qualified to comment on this issue. Although I have been quite inconsistent with staying on the regimen (sometimes stopping for months and then getting back on), in the last 1 year I have been taking 1.25 mg religiously every day.

YES, I indeed have VERY watery semen!!! And this has NOT been a side effect that only happened the first year and then subsided. It has been this way for as long as I can remember taking the drug. And I have always been a highly motivated sexual individual with HUGE gushing amounts of thick, creamy semen when with the right woman (sorry for the graphic language). Before taking finasteride there were many occasions where my ejaculations were so powerful that the sperm actually hit the ceiling and the walls in my dorm room!! Man, those sure were the good ol' days!!!

Bottom line is that I believe watery semen is a common and PERMANENT side effect of this drug. Every other guy I know who has been on it long term (20+ individuals) ALL have this same side effect. But, like me, they would rather endure it and maintain their hair than be a baldie with a voracious insatiable sex drive and no sexy chicks willing to give you the time of day!!

This MPB shit is a vicious curse; and believe me, God is laughing at us because he for sure did this DHT crap on PURPOSE just to make our lives as miserable as possible! Taking Propecia is like making a deal with the devil; you get to keep your hair, but in return you lose the only reason why you wanted to keep the hair in the first place --- hot sex with CHICKS !!!!!!!!!!

What does having watery seaman have to do with your sex drive and ability to enjoy sex? Are women really measuring how viscous your semen is and how far you can shoot it?

Unhappy no, but I am measuring it for sure !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    What does having watery seaman have to do with your sex drive and ability to enjoy sex? Are women really measuring how viscous your semen is and how far you can shoot it?

Well, do YOU have watery semen from taking finasteride ? If not, then you're not qualified to comment.

If so, then how could you not notice the IMMENSE difference between how it feels to have a huge, thick, creamy, projected, prolonged and healthy feeling ejaculation compared to the pitiful, watery, premature, non-projected oozing out of a pathetic little miniscule trickle of water ????? !!!!!!!!!!

Also, I can remember orgasms that just kept going and going, with copius amounts of creamy sperm still shooting out 30-100 seconds AFTER the first big blast!! Compare that to the pathetic trickle of water that is over with in 3 seconds, and the boner dying and shriveling IMMEDIATELY!!!

And what about "keeping it up" and going for seconds or thirds ?? I was like Mike Tyson in his prime before finasteride, and I could go 10 rounds with a stiff willy as hard as steel! Now it's down to 1 measly round that is over in 3 seconds. It's PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!! If you call that enjoying sex, then you must never have had much of a drive to begin with. Taking finasteride is basically self-castration IMO. No other animal but the foolish human would do this to himself, but we live in a cruel world of idols and hype where hair is king and baldies are losers. These stereotypes are reinforced everyday on the slick silver death screen called the TV. Why else would so many balding men be so depressed about it that they will glady self-castrate themselves, or be willing to have their heads carved up like jacko-lanterns ???

GOD PLEASE let some scientist come up with a cure for this viscious MPB CURSE once and for all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been on Propecia for 18 month. I do remember having the same side effect; watery semen (and a very low sex drive also). My doctor said this was a common side effect and would go away. I made no change, it went away after a couple of months. Today, my semen is very normal, viscosity is the same as before I started Propecia.

labrat69, it stands to reason that if baldness was repulsive to women, the gene would have died out, and none of us would be balding today. Outside the 13-18 year old set, baldness matters very little to women.

One notorious example is Jude Law, who clearly is losing hair, but was voted Hottest Man Alive a few years ago (he had already lost hair back then). http://pokupine.files.wordpress.com/...w_1024x768.jpg

With a more positive attitude, I'm sure more women will want to be on the receiving end of your projectile ejaculations, be they watery, creamy, or syrupy.

Well said [mcr]!
    I sounds like labrat69 has more going on then just watery semen. He might be having some sexual anxiety also since he brings up premature ejaculation. There’s no reason for this to occur especially if Propecia is lowering your sex drive as you say. Some of it might be in your head. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, well I guess baldness didn't matter much to these actors in Hollywood who OBVIOUSLY had hair transplants. I guess none of the women in the world would really care one way or the other, right ?
    See link below:

http://hairtransplant-info.com/celeb...r-transplants/

Oh yeah, and here's a link concerning Jude Law's obvious hair transplant. I guess that had absolutely nothing to do with him being selected at hottie of the year ? Ya know, as a chrome dome baldie I'm sure he'd be at the top of his acting game because he's just so charming and debonaire, and the ladies don't care one way or the other. And he sure looks just as attractive in the photo on the left as he does in the one on the right -- LOL
    See link below:

http://www.zimbio.com/Hair+Loss+Regr...ransplantation

Quote Originally Posted by [mcr] View Post
    I've been on Propecia for 18 month. I do remember having the same side effect; watery semen (and a very low sex drive also). My doctor said this was a common side effect and would go away. I made no change, it went away after a couple of months. Today, my semen is very normal, viscosity is the same as before I started Propecia.

labrat69, it stands to reason that if baldness was repulsive to women, the gene would have died out, and none of us would be balding today. Outside the 13-18 year old set, baldness matters very little to women.

One notorious example is Jude Law, who clearly is losing hair, but was voted Hottest Man Alive a few years ago (he had already lost hair back then). http://pokupine.files.wordpress.com/...w_1024x768.jpg

With a more positive attitude, I'm sure more women will want to be on the receiving end of your projectile ejaculations, be they watery, creamy, or syrupy.

Labrat69,

I don't mean to offend you in any way but could all this be due to natural aging. You said you've been on finasteride for 10 years now. Even for non-balding male that has never even touched finasteride, what he could achieve in terms of sex/ejaculation when he was 17 is going to differ somewhat at age just shy from 30.

-FCK