+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: kythera news

The last thing I want to do is kill anyone's excitement. You are like a robot stuck on the fact that cotsarellis is involved. Who cares? Yes, this is interesting and potentially exciting, scientifically backed, and I'm sure it does something for hair, but the point always comes down to whether it's worth it. Lots of drugs seem great at first (i.e. propecia). And lot sod drugs are passed and peddled despite shitty long term consequences. From barely searching the web for long term interactions of anti-histamines, it doesn't look too promising to me. And this is considering zyrtec and claritin are considered safe and have been out forever. basically drugs suck, except to the few people that seem immune to side effects. I'm much more interested in replicel and SM, but if this comes out anytime in the next few years (and it will go through dosing trials) and doesn't have gnarly side effects I'll be as happy as anyone.

I merely want someone to contact the researcher on this or kythera somehow, and ask them if they are aware of antihistamine withdrawals, and how this might fit into that. I could be totally wrong and I hope I am. At the very least I think it's gonna make many people drowsy, which is a no-go in most professions and lifestyles. Young guys think the only thing that matters is hair and sex, but things like headaches and sleepiness can ruin your career and your lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    The last thing I want to do is kill anyone's excitement. You are like a robot stuck on the fact that cotsarellis is involved. Who cares? Yes, this is interesting and potentially exciting, scientifically backed, and I'm sure it does something for hair, but the point always comes down to whether it's worth it. Lots of drugs seem great at first (i.e. propecia). And lot sod drugs are passed and peddled despite shitty long term consequences. From barely searching the web for long term interactions of anti-histamines, it doesn't look too promising to me. And this is considering zyrtec and claritin are considered safe and have been out forever. basically drugs suck, except to the few people that seem immune to side effects. I'm much more interested in replicel and SM, but if this comes out anytime in the next few years (and it will go through dosing trials) and doesn't have gnarly side effects I'll be as happy as anyone.

I merely want someone to contact the researcher on this or kythera somehow, and ask them if they are aware of antihistamine withdrawals, and how this might fit into that. I could be totally wrong and I hope I am. At the very least I think it's gonna make many people drowsy, which is a no-go in most professions and lifestyles. Young guys think the only thing that matters is hair and sex, but things like headaches and sleepiness can ruin your career and your lifestyle.
    1. You're speculating the potential negative side-effects of a drug that hasn't even been released yet. 2. You are ranting about nothing. If you're so interested in contacting the company, do it yourself and get back to us. Stop spreading nonsense. I am trying to educate people on the facts, not read your neurotic internal monologue.

I was unable to discuss with my professor today about antihistamine withdrawals due to sudden and urgent legal matters which needed to be tended to. I will be discussing it in class tomorrow with her, however. I know it has nothing to do with Kythera, but I'm hoping she will be able to at least shed some additional light on this bit.

While I understand where you're coming from, I feel like the risk of potential sudden and permanent impotence causes a lot more effects to an individuals quality of life than headaches that can be stopped after laying off treatment. However, I am one of those young guys who only care about hair and sex so I suppose my bias is pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    1. You're speculating the potential negative side-effects of a drug that hasn't even been released yet. 2. You are ranting about nothing. If you're so interested in contacting the company, do it yourself and get back to us. Stop spreading nonsense. I am trying to educate people on the facts, not read your neurotic internal monologue.
    The side effects he's pointed out in his last post were showcased in previous trials. His idea of prolonged antihistamine usage is well documented. Whether or not they can circumvent that is the real question. If so, that's great. If not, we've a way to go with this. He as well is attempted to spread factual and unbiased information. There is no reason for him to fear monger in any way. He, like us, suffers from hair loss and thus wants a cure as much as any other.

thanks man, well said. I really want this to work too. And please do ask your professor. Let her know this works on a different receptor and ask whether that might make a difference, or if blocking any receptor long term is bound to cause trouble. I have no doubt this will be safer than propecia, but that's not difficult to achieve, and the day to day sides have a potential for being worse. I also think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves in general, since we don't know whether this even really works or will be commercialized. In any case at least we know people are working on things. I think replicel has a good shot of working in the short run, but will probably need to be beaked up with something like this or a topical AA. I just wish they all could happen now and not in 5 years plus when Im already much balder and older.

thanks man, well said. I really want this to work too. And please do ask your professor. Let her know this works on a different receptor and ask whether that might make a difference, or if blocking any receptor long term is bound to cause trouble. I have no doubt this will be safer than propecia, but that's not difficult to achieve, and the day to day sides have a potential for being worse. I also think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves in general, since we don't know whether this even really works or will be commercialized. In any case at least we know people are working on things. I think replicel has a good shot of working in the short run, but will probably need to be beaked up with something like this or a topical AA. I just wish they all could happen now and not in 5 years plus when Im already much balder and older.
    I will certainly do so. My teacher is a pretty enthusiastic individual so I'm sure she would be interested even if for no other reason than her own curiosity. I agree in the sense that we are getting a little ahead of ourselves, but I believe Kythera has stated they will undeniably go through trials with this as they seem to have great hope for it and believe it to be relatively inexpensive for them (which will hopefully mean no FDA purgatory). Efficacy remains to be seen beyond merely their presentation. I hope we are rightfully hopeful in this though. I agree, either way it's great to see more and more groups taking an interest and pursuing treatments and "cures". It's a good step forward and great news for us hair loss sufferers.

I agree with you, brother. Hopefully we maintain well and hopefully in trial treatments make some good showings and give us some more to work with. Do you really think Setipriprant will take five years for commercialization even with their previous FDA safety trials and such? Is replicel also that far away? I won't lie, I'm rather clueless as to a realistic timeline toward a release date for any of the new alternatives.

Oh, side question: how's pilofocus doing?

I have no interest in pilofocus or any transplants so I have no idea.

I do think that 5 years will be a minimum for replicel. They will take another two years just to do phase 2 probably, and then add maybe two more for another trial, and then they have to get it approved. Maybe in japan we could see it earlier, but I really have doubts considering these guys still have not begun the trials. They are constantly looking for investors and strapped for cash, and have a good chance of failing, seeing as they have not really proven efficacy. Still just crossing my fingers.

For Pip I think we could see it in 3 or 4, they gotta prepare the trial this year, then do a phase II trial, then a phase 3, and then get it cleared. That's at least 4 years with no delays or anything. 4 years isn't too much if you have something to maintain on, unfortunately I can't use shit right now. I might give topical zyrtec a try, even though I'm scared to use it for that long. Might give topical fin a go, like once every three days or something, but I doubt it will work out due to sides.

Also, for those of you who use minoxidil and don't like the side effects, shiseido sells an adenosine based product called adenogen that has given me zero sides. I'm not sure how effective it is because it hasn't been long, but according to studies it is as good as minox and others found that it had less sides too.

I have no interest in pilofocus or any transplants so I have no idea.

I do think that 5 years will be a minimum for replicel. They will take another two years just to do phase 2 probably, and then add maybe two more for another trial, and then they have to get it approved. Maybe in japan we could see it earlier, but I really have doubts considering these guys still have not begun the trials. They are constantly looking for investors and strapped for cash, and have a good chance of failing, seeing as they have not really proven efficacy. Still just crossing my fingers.

For Pip I think we could see it in 3 or 4, they gotta prepare the trial this year, then do a phase II trial, then a phase 3, and then get it cleared. That's at least 4 years with no delays or anything. 4 years isn't too much if you have something to maintain on, unfortunately I can't use shit right now. I might give topical zyrtec a try, even though I'm scared to use it for that long. Might give topical fin a go, like once every three days or something, but I doubt it will work out due to sides.

Also, for those of you who use minoxidil and don't like the side effects, shiseido sells an adenosine based product called adenogen that has given me zero sides. I'm not sure how effective it is because it hasn't been long, but according to studies it is as good as minox and others found that it had less sides too.
    Would you mind me asking why out of personal curiosity?

Understood. I hope as well as you that replicel does not fall through and will be successful. It is difficult and understandable to see why so many men with hair loss become jaded due to the proposed treatments and their stagnation throughout the years. Hopefully this decade will usher in something new. The FDA honestly needs to be reconstructed.

While I am taking propecia I have no idea if I will adequately respond to it or not. I have not been on it long enough to make an opinion. I will also buzz my hair to a 0 guard this summer while I'm working outdoors to see how it looks. If I like the look it'll make maintenance easier through topicals and such. It will also make me feel less concerned over my hair. I suppose we'll see. Hopefully Pip will exceed our every expectation. But I won't allow myself to become too hopeful. I would hate to become as jaded as some have on this forum. I wish you the best in your maintenance, friend.

Just don't think transplants ever look great, and pilofocus has a lot to prove as far as something that replaces all your hair. If they could do that consistently I might consider it in the future. Not gonna sweat over that now, its too vague.

The FDA sucks, they take too long to trial drugs and then when they actually know the long term effects they don't look after peoples' health. Bureaucracy is a bitch. Worse than the FDA though is greed's grip on cooperation and collaboration, if all these researchers were working together we would be golden. Everyone is just trying to make a buck and further their career.

If you think you can shave your head and look good then you probably can. Most guys look fine with a buzzed head and most chicks dig it. If your hair is noticeably thinning its definitely the best way to go.

Just don't think transplants ever look great, and pilofocus has a lot to prove as far as something that replaces all your hair. If they could do that consistently I might consider it in the future. Not gonna sweat over that now, its too vague.

The FDA sucks, they take too long to trial drugs and then when they actually know the long term effects they don't look after peoples' health. Bureaucracy is a bitch. Worse than the FDA though is greed's grip on cooperation and collaboration, if all these researchers were working together we would be golden. Everyone is just trying to make a buck and further their career.

If you think you can shave your head and look good then you probably can. Most guys look fine with a buzzed head and most chicks dig it. If your hair is noticeably thinning its definitely the best way to go.
    Really? I suppose we differ there. I've found a lot of HT's that I can say I'm honestly very impressed with. Yeah, pilofocus does have a lot to prove yet, but it sounds promising and I hope it will deliver.

Amen to that. One of my professors gave a rather persuasive speech over how she views the FDA as utterly incompetent and their methods resulting in more deaths from withheld potential life saving drugs than those saved through their - what she phrased as - over stringent trialing methods which stagnated their overall progress and left them in limbo. I suppose RU is a good example of that. Personal glory is definitely first in the eyes of many. If they'd share information amongst one another more freely then I also believe we'd be further along in this process.

God I hope so. People say I look like my dad and he's a pretty great looking bald guy who pulls woman more than half his age. It's pretty ridiculous to be honest. I still have an alright mop I guess, but the recession is bothering me and worrying about it is just getting old. This summer I'll definitely trial it. I'll even upload photos for BTT.

How old are you? If you're tall I wouldn't even worry, in my experience it's the only thing girls care about, and older women only care about your pocketbook and sense of humor. if your dad is good looking then I'm sure you are too. I feel bad for guys who are balding and ugly, but then again if you're ugly there's not much to lose anyway. life is about much more than looks anyway.