+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: kythera news

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Is that what it states? I'm certainly hoping that is the alternative rather than what sdsurfin said about it being a total block. As he's pointed out it definitely comes with some very real drawbacks if that's the case.
    A total block would prevent normal hair cycling. As elevated levels of PGD2 are required at certain phases in the life cycle of a follicle: I imagine that to achieve 'normal' hair growth (I am not referring to regrowth here) some short period of withdraw in application might also be necessary.

Centrizine doesn't block all the receptors that it targets either. It just blocks enough to make you stop sneezing or itching. But people get withdrawal from using it , or Claritin, ircabybothef antihistamine. They are not good long term, although unlike propecia they won't kill things in your body that might never return. Still though, a three week long hell of unbearable itching and headaches etc whenever you stop the drug would be enough to dissuade me. And being drowsy all the time is not worth it either, I have to feel good, hair is not worth feeling like shit all the time. I never said this wouldn't be a better option than propecia, but I hate propecia, it's straight poison.

I don't think you guys are understanding how this works. This drug does not lower levels if pgd2 like propecia lowers dht. This blocks a particular receptor which is not only present in hair cells, and it's hard to control how much of a receptor you block. You either do or you don't, and even though no antihistamine blocks all receptors, they all take over your inflammatory response to a degree that when you stop taking them, you go haywire. Now this might not be enough to dissuade people, and the company I'm sure will not talk about this (dermatologists don't talk about this with Zyrtec or Claritin, although they do tell you not to take it for too long) because they want to sell it. It will not come up in the clinical trials, because it can take a few years to make your body dependent. Maybe people will want to take that risk over propecia, but itching like you need to get to the bone and hives all over and insomnia etc etc for weeks on end is def scary to me. Lots of people can't stop taking Zyrtec due to the withdrawal, they are hooked.

All this being said, I would really like to hear an experts take on this issue, because the fact that this drug inhibits only one pg receptor vs other histamine receptors might make a difference.

Either way someone shoukd get Kane to make this stuff and sell it at a reasonable price. Would be interested to start our own trials.

If people were having massive withdrawal problems it would be plenty apparent by now. They've conducted multiple clinical trials, they know what's up with the safety profile. Ceterzine and septiripant are completely different drugs with different targets and different pharmacokinetics so you can expect very different effects. Skepticism is good but you're going off on a wild tangent trying to discredit this development.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    If people were having massive withdrawal problems it would be plenty apparent by now. They've conducted multiple clinical trials, they know what's up with the safety profile. Ceterzine and septiripant are completely different drugs with different targets and different pharmacokinetics so you can expect very different effects. Skepticism is good but you're going off on a wild tangent trying to discredit this development.
    +1

+1

Sdsurfin, your concerns have been duly noted, and do merit a mention so we have all anticipated the possibility of unwanted sides and withdrawals, and so can avoid having hopes dashed later on...

Yet, at this point, you are being unnecessarily pessimistic and prematurely writing off one of the only leads we have at the moment! I'm sure some young dudes out there are getting down, as a direct result of this idle speculation.

This is what we know: A company which aspires to bring safe and highly effective cosmetic drugs to market, have patented a drug with potential to stop and perhaps reverse hairloss that has the support of George cotsarelis, a leading hairloss researcher.
    Proof of concept clinical trial should happen in a matter of months.
    Previous studies indicate there's a likelyhood of headaches and flatulence, as side affects.

Will those sides go away? Nobody knows... Just wait.
    Will there be withdrawals? Nobody knows... Just wait and see.
    How good will it be? Nobody knows... Just W A I T And S E E

Is a "Proof of concept" clinical trial a precursor to say, phase I of a trial? If that's the case then the actual trials wouldn't be complete for what....2 years or so?

Yes and no. Different drugs yes, but similar. And they would not have noted withdrawals yet, these trials were relatively short. I am still hopeful, and probably a lot of people will benefit. I tend to get terrible sides from most things, so I'd love a cell therapy to pan out. I'm using topical cetirizine right now and I feel incredibly drowsy and out of it even though I took it last night.

Also you guys never read or think beyond your hopes. the side effect profile for this drug was not good. 25 percent of users got headaches. 25 percent. thats compared to like 2 percent of people who supposedly got sides on propecia. Headaches all the time would be unbearable for me, maybe not for others.

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Sdsurfin, your concerns have been duly noted, and do merit a mention so we have all anticipated the possibility of unwanted sides and withdrawals, and so can avoid having hopes dashed later on...

Yet, at this point, you are being unnecessarily pessimistic and prematurely writing off one of the only leads we have at the moment! I'm sure some young dudes out there are getting down, as a direct result of this idle speculation.

This is what we know: A company which aspires to bring safe and highly effective cosmetic drugs to market, have patented a drug with potential to stop and perhaps reverse hairloss that has the support of George cotsarelis, a leading hairloss researcher.
    Proof of concept clinical trial should happen in a matter of months.
    Previous studies indicate there's a likelyhood of headaches and flatulence, as side affects.

Will those sides go away? Nobody knows... Just wait.
    Will there be withdrawals? Nobody knows... Just wait and see.
    How good will it be? Nobody knows... Just W A I T And S E E
    For sure. I feel you. Really only voice my concerns because I would love an expert to chime in, or for someone to contact the experts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    For sure. I feel you. Really only voice my concerns because I would love an expert to chime in, or for someone to contact the experts about it.
    All of the information about the drug and what they plan to do is all in that presentation. It even gives PGD2 relation to hair loss, and it's relation to DHT. It's all there. it's Cotsarelis' work with PGD2. The only thing we don't know is how they plan on administering the drug, and how long it will take to get to market.

You are quibbling about nonsense, and trying to kill other people's excitement. You are commiserating. This is the type of drug and science that we've been waiting on, and a deal was struck 2 years ago with this company to start using this already developed drug for hair loss. After years of research by Cotsarelis and his team, a company wants to buy his work and produce it. That means they have proven something about hair loss, and the compound works in vitro.