+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: kythera news

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    If you check out page 8 of the presentation, it shows PGD2's relation to hair loss, also its relation to DHT. PGD2 is way downstream, and is actually involved in hair cycling. This would get to the source of the problem, rather than partially blocking a natural male hormone.
    Not only that, but 5ar inhibitors don't block all the DHT, and testosterone supposedly binds to androgen receptors too (albeit much less). There are still hormones floating around that can active this chain of events even on 5ar inhibitors. If you stop it further down the chain with PDG2 you avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Not only that, but 5ar inhibitors don't block all the DHT, and testosterone supposedly binds to androgen receptors too (albeit much less). There are still hormones floating around that can active this chain of events even on 5ar inhibitors. If you stop it further down the chain with PDG2 you avoid this.
    Yep, making it a more effective treatment that finasteride.

Yep, making it a more effective treatment that finasteride.
    sdsurfin wasn't doubting efficacy. He was more worried about the side effect profile brought on by total prostaglandin blocking.

It has a lot of potential but yes there will be sides. There is no magic internal drug without sides, but if they are minimal most people will use it. What alternative do you have? You will be waiting a decade for anything safer/better

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    sdsurfin wasn't doubting efficacy. He was more worried about the side effect profile brought on by total prostaglandin blocking.
    It would bring the prostaglandin level in the scalp back to normal. You're not blocking all the pgd2. Btw its probably best if you don't go by what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    It has a lot of potential but yes there will be sides. There is no magic internal drug without sides, but if they are minimal most people will use it. What alternative do you have? You will be waiting a decade for anything safer/better
    There won't be any sexual sides, and that's what matters most. I'll take occasional headaches or gas over a lower sex-drive any day.

Yeah we really just need to see trial results instead of guessing. Going the receptor route might be safer than the enzyme route say propecia took. We dont know yet. Hopefully it works well and is safe.

It would bring the prostaglandin level in the scalp back to normal. You're not blocking all the pgd2. Btw its probably best if you don't go by what he says.
    He's actually made some fair points in these threads such as his worry of too most prostaglandin being blocked resulting in the side effects common to prolonged antihistamine usage which is valid. He's just trying to make sure no one gets overly hyped only to be let down. I did that with CB and it was an absolute wreck to me. If it in indeed the case that prostaglandin levels will return to a normal scalp level then I'm relieved. I will reread the presentation tomorrow to ensure it.

I do hope you're right though, 2014. I'm excited to see a new treatment rather than propecia and it's potentially life crippling side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah we really just need to see trial results instead of guessing. Going the receptor route might be safer than the enzyme route say propecia took. We dont know yet. Hopefully it works well and is safe.
    Very true, my friend. I would say that it would most assuredly be safer than propecias hormonal blocking approach. I hope though that side effects of any kind can be mitigated, however.

If the only sides were a headache and flatulence I'd take it orally in a heartbeat.

I suspect something akin to Beano will be easy to develop to counter the flatulence.

I despise headaches....get 1 every 2 weeks or so that often goes on for the whole day.