+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Actually the press release states that it is meant for oral use. Not positive that they wouldn't try to make it a topical too though. But yeah for real somebody get kane on this immediately, it has to be easier to come by than CB.

Frederick Beddingfield, MD, PhD

Specialtyermatology
    Department Affiliation:Medicine, Dermatology
    Hospital Affiliation:Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
    Phone:310-825-6911

This guy is the head of research at Kythera. Someone should give him a call or set up a dermatology appointment with him (if you're in cali) and ask him why they think setipriprant has potential for hair loss, and how they plan to use it, topically or orally. Could be huge for forum people, if we can get this compound and figure out how to use it it might be a big help. Curiously, he also has worked for Allergan, the company developing bimatoprost. If I was in cali I'd definitely try to set up an appointment with him, he probably has a lot to say on hairloss.

"All subjects completed the study. Both formulations were well tolerated, with headache the most frequently reported adverse event (25% of subjects), followed by flatulence (15%) and somnolence and fatigue (10%). The adverse event profile in men and women and between formulations was similar."

hmmmmmm headaches? not so fun. I'll fart all day for a full head of hair though. These are some pretty high side effect percentages, I hope they do make a topical version.

Can you please link to the source?

Good news. However I hope we won't have to wait for 10+ years for this to come out.

Things are finally heating up, a lot of treatments coming. It seems I was born too early...

Just look up setipriprant clinical trials.

Also, I'm not sure if any of this is worth getting excited about. there have been other compounds that do the same thing, such as OC000459 , which have been trialled by forum users without too much success. They seemed to sort of work but then stop working after a while. I think the whole PGD2 issue is only a part of the puzzle. Would definitely be good to talk to an expert about it.

Obviously going to take some time for this to follow its course and we don't know if it will be effective or not, but there's no doubt this goes in the good news category. I'll even put it in the very good news category.

Ill be perfectly honest that I would like to see some study or a little more evidence before getting my hopes too high, but this is the news of the year that no one saw coming. If this isnt crazy positive news I dont know what is. The fact this is based off the PGD2 discovery really lends this a ton of credibility and they said they already have solid evidence this actually works. News of the year IMO

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Ill be perfectly honest that I would like to see some study or a little more evidence before getting my hopes too high, but this is the news of the year that no one saw coming. If this isnt crazy positive news I dont know what is. The fact this is based off the PGD2 discovery really lends this a ton of credibility and they said they already have solid evidence this actually works. News of the year IMO
    There's a quote I posted from the Chief Medical Officer of Kythera saying that the compound works in the human hair pathway in all of their own studies. Also, I'm sure Cotsarelis had been using a similar formula in their follicular neogenesis trials. A study was published saying that pgd2 inhbits follicle neogenesis, so in order to actually run their trials, they would need a compound to inhibit pgd2. It must work, because Follica had run 2 trials, and still, a huge biopharmaceutical company wants to produce it.

I wouldn't underestimate this kind of news. It could be the kind of news a lot of people looking for a new treatment have been waiting on.

Also would add that the tolerability of this medication is the same to both men and women.