+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    That 20% is an inflated number that includes vellus hair that contributes nothing cosmetically. Their number for terminal hair growth (which is what we're concerned with cosmetically) was around 6-8%, and that was from the group that actually responded to the treatment. The percentage that didn't respond at all was very large. So, he's correct to be skeptical. However, it sounds like they had some issues to work out with their cell production process, which they claim to fixed now. So, as always, we need to wait and see.
    Again only the pilot study. I have quite a bit of hope for them but Im also skeptical. It seems this will be far superior to fin at the very worst and a cure at the very best. They are hands down the most promising solution within the next five years which may be all we need to win this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    up to almost 20% isn`t a good result? WHY ARE TALKING ABOUT A CURE AGAIN? treatment... I am talking treatment here. But what can I expect from a guy that "bases everything he says on science" and parallely says that Propecia sucks...In what kind of world do you life in? Funky Town?
    I am on Propecia(not even the name brand) and I am doing just fine. The first time I tried it I had placebo-sexual-side-effect and stopped, but then I remembered I am not a beta-bitch and tried it again. I love it, it regrew hair in my hairline and temples and made my hair very healthy. Everybody who listens to you is a moron.

Wow thanks for so succinctly pointing out what kind of guy you are. Propecia would be great if it didn't chemically castrate people and kill their brains ability to make happy chemicals. If you aren't a "beta bitch" now you definitely will be after some years on that stuff. All I want is a treatment too, but replicel has not proven that they can be that either.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Wow thanks for so succinctly pointing out what kind of guy you are. Propecia would be great if it didn't chemically castrate people and kill their brains ability to make happy chemicals. If you aren't a "beta bitch" now you definitely will be after some years on that stuff. All I want is a treatment too, but replicel has not proven that they can be that either.
    It`s been almost a year and it gets better day by day you are such a loser sdsurfin, there are thousands if not millions of people all over the world who take this drug and it works just fine. But I understand that you, a superb specimen of a new generation of people, above us all, a rund higher on the ladder of evolution, aren`t able to take it.

It`s been almost a year and it gets better day by day you are such a loser sdsurfin, there are thousands if not millions of people all over the world who take this drug and it works just fine. But I understand that you, a superb specimen of a new generation of people, above us all, a rund higher on the ladder of evolution, aren`t able to take it.
    Actually I don't know personally know anyone who has been able to take it. in real life I have 5 friends who have tried and had sides. The people that have taken it without sides only found out that it ****ed them up when they stopped and they had problems then. My dermatologist says it isn't safe. The HT docs peddle it because they wouldnt be able to practice without it. One day you'll wake up and realize you're hurting your body without even realizing it. I don't care if you don't have sides, it is still doing damage and one day it will haunt you. 5ar is an enzyme that is crucial to your brain and body and you're destroying it. If propecia was great then these forums would be empty.

i have to agree with sdsurfin, even if propecia makes your hair better.
    i was also on propecia for 8 months because my house doctor prescribed it (and it's a shame that most doctors have absolutely no clue about propecia's long term side effects). after reading and doing A LOT of research i decided to not use it anymore. during that 8 months i had no side effects at all, but considering longterm, after doing research i read about people like me, who all of a sudden had to face side effects after some years. and it really messed them up. they are sexually destroyed now. semen quality is extremely poor. many of such patients even mentioned that after a semen quality test, the laboratory told them they are not able to make babies anymore.
    even if you check your blood values on a yearly basis, you wouldn't be able to find out a drastical change of your body to just stop propecia at the right moment. it's a long term slow change in your body.
    however, i decided to quit propecia because having children is one of the most important things in my life. rather being bald than having bad semen and other side effects. i also don't use minox. i bet everything i have on replicel and other stem cell research. and if nothing of it pans out, then so it be.

all in all, if you really have very good results with propecia and want to take the long term risks, then i wish you good luck. but i recommend to monitor your body values regularly (every 6 months or so) and double check for any abnormal value or even slight change. blood tests, semen quality, and what else. you only have one body. be careful with it.

and if we are really going to see some advanced treatments within the next 5 years, then propecia will get obsolete anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i have to agree with sdsurfin, even if propecia makes your hair better.
    i was also on propecia for 8 months because my house doctor prescribed it (and it's a shame that most doctors have absolutely no clue about propecia's long term side effects). after reading and doing A LOT of research i decided to not use it anymore. during that 8 months i had no side effects at all, but considering longterm, after doing research i read about people like me, who all of a sudden had to face side effects after some years. and it really messed them up. they are sexually destroyed now. semen quality is extremely poor. many of such patients even mentioned that after a semen quality test, the laboratory told them they are not able to make babies

anymore.
    even if you check your blood values on a yearly basis, you wouldn't be able to find out a drastical change of your body to just stop propecia at the right moment. it's a long term slow change in your body.
    however, i decided to quit propecia because having children is one of the most important things in my life. rather being bald than having bad semen and other side effects. i also don't use minox. i bet everything i have on replicel and other stem cell research. and if nothing of it pans out, then so it be.

all in all, if you really have very good results with propecia and want to take the long term risks, then i wish you good luck. but i recommend to monitor your body values regularly (every 6 months or so) and double check for any abnormal value or even slight change. blood tests, semen quality, and what else. you only have one body. be careful with it.

and if we are really going to see some advanced treatments within the next 5 years, then propecia will get obsolete anyway.

I've been on it 10 years, and having kids, my bro has been on it 12 years, he's now having his 4th child, my dad has been on it nearly 20 years, and hasn't noticed a thing.. I know several people using it, all haven't had a single issue... Some old some young... I believe there are sides, but I feel like people state them as the rule rather than the exception...

Well people state them as the rule because we don't really meet many people with your experience. Also we still have not seen what might happen if you quit the drug. I don't think it makes people infertile very often, but that's a huge risk. Also I am most scared if it's mental effects, which I felt after just a month. You might just be used to being less energetic or happy or more anxious, and maybe one day it'll bite you. Just too big a risk, and plenty of people get these effects pretty quickly. All in all just not a safe drug, congrats to you if you like it, but I'm making an informed risk assessment, and the fact that you haven't had sides in twenty years doesn't mean you won't be ****ed by it later.

Well people state them as the rule because we don't really meet many people with your experience. Also we still have not seen what might happen if you quit the drug. I don't think it makes people infertile very often, but that's a huge risk. Also I am most scared if it's mental effects, which I felt after just a month. You might just be used to being less energetic or happy or more anxious, and maybe one day it'll bite you. Just too big a risk, and plenty of people get these effects pretty quickly. All in all just not a safe drug, congrats to you if you like it, but I'm making an informed risk assessment, and the fact that you haven't had sides in twenty years doesn't mean you won't be ****ed by it later.
    No I get that, and I'm sure everyone appreciates that, but as I have stated I do know many people with the exact same experience as me... I could end up having more health issues due to my intake of sugar... everything is a risk, but let's hope less risk is involved with upcoming treatments
    ... I know you're a good dude, I'm just putting in my experience is all...

No I get that, and I'm sure everyone appreciates that, but as I have stated I do know many people with the exact same experience as me... I could end up having more health issues due to my intake of sugar... everything is a risk, but let's hope less risk is involved with upcoming treatments
    ... I know you're a good dude, I'm just putting in my experience is all...

Def. appreciate it. Also kinda jealous that you can take propecia and not feel anything. Probably bodes well for your ability to handle future treatments too. I can't take anything without feeling like ass.