Replicel problems - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default Replicel problems

    Still no news of trials for RCH-01.....

    Also, I've been thinking about this. And I want to lay it out because I think a lot of guys on here are banking on replicel, and I don't want people to keep getting their hopes up on things that won't work.

    if DSC cells are in fact the cure that replicel is touting, aren't these cells still going to be forced to interact with other hair and skin cells (e.g. dermal papillae and adipose cells etc) in the balding scalp that are still susceptible to balding? Also, perhaps more importantly, how are injected DSC cells going to get past the fibrotic tissue that builds up around balding follicles? This treatment doesn't seem possible when the balding follicle becomes encased in fibrotic tissue quite early on in the process. (as early as 30 months). In my mind, this means that if you have been balding for more than 30 months (and replicel is gonna take another 3 yrs at least to come to market), this treatment is probably useless.

    Would love to hear some expert opinions on this, maybe someone is in touch with a hair loss researcher or with replicel, or someone can try to give them a call.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    147

    Default

    You have mental issues. Why can`t you take Replicel for what it is and does everything have to be a cure. Isn`t an effective treatment enough? Their treatment has shown to be effective to a certain degree, they think the results will even improve. Why do you have to write such crap? Just wait and see. WTF is wrong with you. Be patient and don`t try to be smart, you do a terrible job at it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    169

    Default

    ^ boom roasted.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    108

    Default

    dayummmm

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    You have mental issues. Why can`t you take Replicel for what it is and does everything have to be a cure. Isn`t an effective treatment enough? Their treatment has shown to be effective to a certain degree, they think the results will even improve. Why do you have to write such crap? Just wait and see. WTF is wrong with you. Be patient and don`t try to be smart, you do a terrible job at it.
    This dude has a problem with everything I write, not sure why. I don't think everything has to be a cure, I just think that there's been a lot of hype over this and I have legitimate questions. Interested to know what others think, especially the non-saschas of this forum Would be interested to know what the guy that works for dr. cole thinks. I have hopes that replicel will do something for us, but the issue of fibrosis and follicles becoming too miniaturized to treat is I think the biggest hurdle to all possible cures. I think it's frustrating that replicel does not address these questions. That is all.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    The proof of concept is there. Jahoda took fresh dermal sheath cells of his own hair and implanted it on his wife arm and de-novo morphogenesis occured. Literally with the DNA of himself.

    I don't think fibrosis is such a big issue in AGA, perhaps in severe cases coupled with senescent alopecia and older subjects. However you are right that the AGA scalp may be a very harsh environment in general due to other expressed pathways which would make it very difficult for these cells to engage in such action.

    Then the question rises of loss of gene expression when you are going to culture these dermal sheath cup cells. Does Replicel have the answer to that?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    147

    Default

    yes I do have a problem with your posts. You change your position more often than a girl in porn. So what if its hyped, do you know EVERYTHING they did to design their method? Where you there when they proofed their concept? Did you make the deal with Shiseido?
    The hype does not sell you anything. It does not take away your money. It does no harm. So just go from what we know and that is they had good results and move foreward.
    peace Sherlock

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    yes I do have a problem with your posts. You change your position more often than a girl in porn. So what if its hyped, do you know EVERYTHING they did to design their method? Where you there when they proofed their concept? Did you make the deal with Shiseido?
    The hype does not sell you anything. It does not take away your money. It does no harm. So just go from what we know and that is they had good results and move foreward.
    peace Sherlock
    except they didn't have very good results at all. And actually the hype does do harm, it keeps people on these forums thinking that theres a cure coming when there isn't. people stay on propecia, which kills their bodies, and get transplants, which are just a mess waiting to happen, based on predictions.

    I don't think I change my position very often at all. I remain hopeful but highly skeptical of replicel and wish they answered deeper questions, and pretty much negative about everything else (except SM, which I don't know enough about).

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    except they didn't have very good results at all. And actually the hype does do harm, it keeps people on these forums thinking that theres a cure coming when there isn't. people stay on propecia, which kills their bodies, and get transplants, which are just a mess waiting to happen, based on predictions.

    I don't think I change my position very often at all. I remain hopeful but highly skeptical of replicel and wish they answered deeper questions, and pretty much negative about everything else (except SM, which I don't know enough about).
    up to almost 20% isn`t a good result? WHY ARE TALKING ABOUT A CURE AGAIN? treatment... I am talking treatment here. But what can I expect from a guy that "bases everything he says on science" and parallely says that Propecia sucks...In what kind of world do you life in? Funky Town?
    I am on Propecia(not even the name brand) and I am doing just fine. The first time I tried it I had placebo-sexual-side-effect and stopped, but then I remembered I am not a beta-bitch and tried it again. I love it, it regrew hair in my hairline and temples and made my hair very healthy. Everybody who listens to you is a moron.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    up to almost 20% isn`t a good result? WHY ARE TALKING ABOUT A CURE AGAIN? treatment... I am talking treatment here. But what can I expect from a guy that "bases everything he says on science" and parallely says that Propecia sucks...In what kind of world do you life in? Funky Town?
    I am on Propecia(not even the name brand) and I am doing just fine. The first time I tried it I had placebo-sexual-side-effect and stopped, but then I remembered I am not a beta-bitch and tried it again. I love it, it regrew hair in my hairline and temples and made my hair very healthy. Everybody who listens to you is a moron.
    That 20% is an inflated number that includes vellus hair that contributes nothing cosmetically. Their number for terminal hair growth (which is what we're concerned with cosmetically) was around 6-8%, and that was from the group that actually responded to the treatment. The percentage that didn't respond at all was very large. So, he's correct to be skeptical. However, it sounds like they had some issues to work out with their cell production process, which they claim to fixed now. So, as always, we need to wait and see.

Similar Threads

  1. 21 and my problems with my hair
    By Marcus11 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM
  3. Problems with Finasteride
    By wobblywilly in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 03:59 PM
  4. FUE problems after HT with DR keser
    By donorArea in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
  5. Thyroid Problems
    By PleaseHelpMe in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

What Norwood Am I? Diffused Thinning or Male Pattern?
Yesterday 04:27 PM
Last Post By mrclean
Yesterday 08:28 PM
FUE 3200 grafts with Dr. Gabel May 18,19 2018
06-17-2018 12:45 AM
by optimus
Last Post By calum
Yesterday 11:57 AM
Dermarolling Community Trial
07-23-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post By Reed
09-21-2018 11:17 PM
Genuine thoughts on hairline? 23 years old
09-20-2018 04:22 PM
by Diego11
Last Post By mrclean
09-21-2018 08:33 PM
THe Bald Truth LIVE NOW!
09-21-2018 02:48 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
09-21-2018 02:48 PM