+ Reply to Thread

Default Artas can you shave bald?

Been thinking about getting artas Fue transplant, however I like to wear my hair extra short, zero clip on sides and back of head (fade style). If I go through with the transplant can I still shave this area bald or will my head look spotted? Has anyone had this procedure that wears their hair this short?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickedclean View Post
    Been thinking about getting artas Fue transplant, however I like to wear my hair extra short, zero clip on sides and back of head (fade style). If I go through with the transplant can I still shave this area bald or will my head look spotted? Has anyone had this procedure that wears their hair this short?
    Thank you
    First things first, the ARTAS is just a robot that extracts grafts in a more efficient and probably a more consistent way than any other type of FUE extraction. No matter what, you will be left with some small scaring, so it really depends on your skin color and how you heal. Another thing is I would not go to someone who just has and ARTAS robot. Make sure they are an IAHRS doctor and really an expert hair transplant surgeon since the extraction is only one part of the procedure. ARTAS is not a type of hair transplant, just a machine that helps doctors pefrom hair transplants so the skill of the doctor and his team is still the most vital part of the surgery. If you really want to shave your head to a zero clip, you might not want to get any type of hair transplant. It might be too much of a risk.

artas got big punch i dont think it will work with a zero guard will need months to look normal

Thanks, I have looked at youtube videos and some patients show no signs of scarring, very light dots, not recognized by untrained eye, even totally shaved. But cant go off videos. My doctor has performed strip scar transplants for years, has switched over to this Artas technique. Very reputable in the transplant field. I know it's risky, anyone on here that as had the artas, not happy with the growth, decided to shave? Just wondering how bad the scarring looks?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickedclean View Post
    Thanks, I have looked at youtube videos and some patients show no signs of scarring, very light dots, not recognized by untrained eye, even totally shaved. But cant go off videos. My doctor has performed strip scar transplants for years, has switched over to this Artas technique. Very reputable in the transplant field. I know it's risky, anyone on here that as had the artas, not happy with the growth, decided to shave? Just wondering how bad the scarring looks?
    You’re right, you can not go by videos, you have to ask to meet patients in person. How long has your doctor been using the ARTAS and did he perform FUE before he got the Robot? All doctors can seem reputable, but is he on the IAHRS, it’s important that you make sure that he is. Now that alone will no guarantee results but at least you will know he is one of the best. Another thing it to ask him directly, if he says yes you can shave to a zero after FUE he does not have enough experience to perform the surgery because there is no real way of him knowing. If a consultant told you that you can shave, then you should consider another clinic. Personally I do not think you will be able to shave down to a zero having any type of fue, unless the punches are extremely small and in those cases you will not get the best coverage. I think ARTAS only goes down to a .9mm punch, so while the scarring will be difficult to see at a #1 or #2, I think you will see it at a zero.