+ Reply to Thread

Default Thinking about getting a hair transplantation, advice appreciated :)

I'm a guy currently living in Denmark and have recently been thinking about getting a hair-transplant to give me back some of my temples.

There's only really 2 clinics for me to choose from here but I'm wondering just how big a difference does it make choosing the "correct" clinic so to speak?

My point being that, if a clinic has been doing transplants with hundreds or thousands of patients for years and years, am I really risking anything by going there as opposed to a more famous one like Hasson & Wong over in Canada?

Do results really vary that much depending on where you get the job done?

Is one clinic capable of making your hair follicles somehow grow thicker and stronger than another?

I would have thought a transplanted hair follicle is a transplanted hair follicle, and that the rest of it is up to your body's reaction to the transplant.

I'll throw a link to the clinic that I'm considering in hopes of getting some feedback.

Some of the results are astounding but a lot of them are kind of underwhelming, but isn't that the case with most of the clinics?

Cheers

http://poseidon-klinikken.dk/

There are many important factors to consider in order to make the best decision for a procedure, but since your question is related to clinics/docs, I would advise the best course of action is not to let distance play a factor. Yes---results absolutely vary depending on clinic/doctor/technicians. You can't put a price on a H/T procedure---don't limit yourself to a geographical location, as an uninformed decision regarding such a procedure can literally leave you scarred for life. If you can not afford it financially to meet with multiple doctors, then my opinion is wait until can afford to do it. I decided on my doctor after undergoing consultations with four different doctors all in different parts of the U.S. When it was all said and done, I went with the doctor who was not initially on the top of my list and that was because of the gut-feeling I had with him and the fact that he permitted me to meet and talk with former patients. Never felt pressure either. Have questions, be prepared, narrow down your search to a few docs/clinics and decide from there. Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for the response!
    I suppose I shouldn't shut out the option of clinics in different parts of the world.

However I'm already in a position where the clinic I'm considering has in fact impressed me, and I have already had an interview where I asked all the big questions and got the impression that getting the transplant there would be a good choice.

At the end of the day all you can really do is look at previous results and although some of them don't seem that drastic (which is something I notice with most clinics), when I see results like the ones below I feel reassured that they know how do the job well.

http://poseidon-klinikken.dk/nu-taen...-har-laengere/

http://i.imgur.com/yZYs3nE.jpg

Also, the guy on these pictures is actually a known musician here in Denmark so you can literally see the before and after in music videos online and the difference is very drastic to say the least, and thoroughly impressive.

I guess I feel I've already decided on the clinic but I really wanted some feedback on their before and after results?

But I definitely will not rush this and I'll keep doing my homework online as I don't plan on getting this transplant until later this year.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by baldyboy View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    I suppose I shouldn't shut out the option of clinics in different parts of the world.

However I'm already in a position where the clinic I'm considering has in fact impressed me, and I have already had an interview where I asked all the big questions and got the impression that getting the transplant there would be a good choice

At the end of the day all you can really do is look at previous results and although some of them don't seem that drastic (which is something I notice with most clinics), when I see results like the ones below I feel reassured that they know how do the job well.

http://poseidon-klinikken.dk/nu-taen...-har-laengere/

http://i.imgur.com/yZYs3nE.jpg

Also, the guy on these pictures is actually a known musician here in Denmark so you can literally see the before and after in music videos online and the difference is very drastic to say the least, and thoroughly impressive.

I guess I feel I've already decided on the clinic but I really wanted some feedback on their before and after results?

But I definitely will not rush this and I'll keep doing my homework online as I don't plan on getting this transplant until later this year.
    If you’re willing to travel there are some world renowned surgeons in other parts of Europe. You’re first step should be to make sure that your surgeon is in the IAHRS since these are considered to be the best hair transplant surgeons in the world. You have a lot of great ones to choose from in Europe so take your time and don’t just look at pictures or videos. Meet with patients whenever you can. This is a huge step, don't just go to a clinic because they have a celebrity on their website, it means nothing. These clinics pull out all the stops to treat their celebrity clientele, what you want to be sure of is that they do this type of work on a day to day basis, so check with the IAHRS first.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    If you’re willing to travel there are some world renowned surgeons in other parts of Europe. You’re first step should be to make sure that your surgeon is in the IAHRS since these are considered to be the best hair transplant surgeons in the world. You have a lot of great ones to choose from in Europe so take your time and don’t just look at pictures or videos. Meet with patients whenever you can. This is a huge step, don't just go to a clinic because they have a celebrity on their website, it means nothing. These clinics pull out all the stops to treat their celebrity clientele, what you want to be sure of is that they do this type of work on a day to day basis, so check with the IAHRS first.
    Cheers mate, based on the feedback here I'm going to have better look online for surgeons/clinics with perhaps better and more consistent results as well as try to meet some of their patients for testimonials.

IAHRS sounds like a good filter that I'll apply from here on my search, thanks again.

Well known marketed clinic or not, just be very careful. Ask for actual surgical consent forms prior to paying deposits. Consent forums will probably reveal doctors capabilities and liabilities.

This process can be messy, so its best to get everything you want on paper or recorded. For if, your goal is not met as agreed upon, no one can pull something funny on you later.

Do not jump into it, carefully evaluate a surgeons involvement in your procedure or if they do more than one surgery a day. Carefully, look at their process to see if it is risky for yield. No matter how marketed clinic is, or how unknown a clinic us, you have to make sure they do everything in the best interests of the patient, not themselves. Good luck.

You can even try to fly to Turkey to do it at the fraction of the price.

https://scandinavianbiolabs.dk/blogs...tation-kvinder