+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any news??

Default Any news??

Hey guys, so I rarely come here these days. My hair is still slowly going but it's getting more and more noticeable by the day. Dare I ask is there any news? Anything in the pipe line at all?

A cure? No.

You can block your testosterone to DHT, and you can use minoxidil for short term(~2years effect. Other than that there is the hair transplants.

Stem cell research have managed to make both epithelial cells and dermal papillae cells. They have also managed to create micro hairs combining these as far as I have understood. And that's about it.

1-2 better treatments are coming for maintaining and slight regrowth

Replicel + Shiseido. exciting stuff keep your head up

PiloFocus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Hey guys, so I rarely come here these days. My hair is still slowly going but it's getting more and more noticeable by the day. Dare I ask is there any news? Anything in the pipe line at all?
    No, absolutely nothing. For the past 30+ years, a press release or two emerges each year exclaiming a "breakthrough cure" has been found, but the release is always accompanied by a tempering statement that indicates that it will take scientists about 5 more years to develop the findings into a viable treatment. Usually within 2 or 3 years, the company responsible for "the breakthrough" is bankrupt and out of business. The 5 years always come and go, over and over and over again, with absolutely no cure at the end of the 5 years.

I fully expect that we will see full human cloning, coupled with bioengineering to create new designer bodies for us, before any legitimate hairloss cure is developed. Of course, such an eventuality with cloning would complete bypass the need for a hairloss cure. We will simply be able to design our dream bodies and have the electro-chemical contents of our existing brains transferred over to our new brains that exist in our new new bodies.

Of course, that may not happen in our lifetime, but neither will a legitimate cure for baldness.

Many believers, of course, will tell you that we've never been closer to a cure for baldness than we are today! LOL. That big hope, along with $10, will buy you an exotic ice coffee at your favorite gourmet coffeshop.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    No, absolutely nothing. For the past 30+ years, a press release or two emerges each year exclaiming a "breakthrough cure" has been found, but the release is always accompanied by a tempering statement that indicates that it will take scientists about 5 more years to develop the findings into a viable treatment. Usually within 2 or 3 years, the company responsible for "the breakthrough" is bankrupt and out of business. The 5 years always come and go, over and over and over again, with absolutely no cure at the end of the 5 years.

I fully expect that we will see full human cloning, coupled with bioengineering to create new designer bodies for us, before any legitimate hairloss cure is developed. Of course, such an eventuality with cloning would complete bypass the need for a hairloss cure. We will simply be able to design our dream bodies and have the electro-chemical contents of our existing brains transferred over to our new brains that exist in our new new bodies.

Of course, that may not happen in our lifetime, but neither will a legitimate cure for baldness.

Many believers, of course, will tell you that we've never been closer to a cure for baldness than we are today! LOL. That big hope, along with $10, will buy you an exotic ice coffee at your favorite gourmet coffeshop.
    Touché

Hang on to your finasteride, It's the best we've got. Bimatoprost next year, and a preventative treatment to follow.

Just speculation right now.

all I'm waiting on are the BIM Phase IIB results, nothing else to get excited for i nthe near future(barring a random discovery)

but within a year we'll have SM and CB results! so things are moving a lot more forward than they were when i first came to these boards 2-3 years ago, back then it was basically histogen(which wasnt doing much) or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Just speculation right now.

all I'm waiting on are the BIM Phase IIB results, nothing else to get excited for i nthe near future(barring a random discovery)

but within a year we'll have SM and CB results! so things are moving a lot more forward than they were when i first came to these boards 2-3 years ago, back then it was basically histogen(which wasnt doing much) or nothing.
    I think SM could really be big time. They did their phase 1 trial in Australia and now they went into a MASSIVE phase II trial in the US, only recruiting patients that are high norwoods, and they are bringing results out in a timely manner. I don't think a company could have this big of a phase II trial with high norwoods if they didn't have something that showed great promise in phase I. Plus, the WNT pathway has backing.