+ Reply to Thread

Thread: curcumin

Default curcumin

http://www.covenanthealthproducts.co...-oz-by-xymogen

someone should buy and try this stuff topically. Curcumin is the same kind of molecule that makes up the new Samumed drug (sm). There have been talks about curcumin in other forums due to an italian study, but that study was with oral curcumin. I think this has the potential to at least really help with scalp itching, and the above formula is not yellow and staining like most curcumin is (this is a chemical in turmeric).

If this stuff does anything then we can have hope that SM will as well, and SM is hopefully more designed to target the specific Wnt pathways. What has been very well studied is that curcumin absolutely decimates cancer cells and also gets rid of itch associated with many cancers. it is def a good anti-inflammatory. I'm kinda too broke to jump on this, but I know there are people on here willing to give it a shot. ideally someone not taking other stuff and who has the mpb itch. very curious.

PS I'm not promoting shit. I have no idea if this will work, but I've done a lot of research and it all adds up. Sometimes nature has the best solutions, and this stuff has been anecdotally tied to stopping hair loss, increasing hair width, killing cancer cells, and improving skin and inflammation. It probably can't be any worse than minox and might really alleviate irritation. PPS i don't think eating curcumin or lots of turmeric helps at all, the body doesn't absorb it very well and you'd need to eat enormous doses. in case anyone was gonna go there.

I may be wrong, but I think ASC-J9 had something to do with curcumin also, ASC-J9 was believed to destroy the androgen receptor. Interesting how they are both related but have different mechanisms.

I have been using Curcumin as caps with an high absorption system for 5 month for my Crohn dissease. Very helpful for ma crohn dissease, but no effect on the hair.

If you use as topical the problem is that curcumin stain a lot !!! You will looked like a Simpson

yeah curcumin affects a couple of different things related to hair loss. I don't think anyone has made the connection between curcumin and the Wnt pathway yet, but when I read the patent on SM, it is basically the same chemical as curcumin (or something very similar, same family of molecules). I'm hoping it's a lot stronger, but trying this might give some indication of whether this drug has any hope or not, and whether there might be side effects.

Curcumin might work but its probably some active ingredient in it that does much of the work for MPB. Like most supplements you are going to need very high strength of active ingredient to get any result with MPB. If asc 9 was related they certainly isolated and strengthened whatever that was. The powder probably has a tiny amount of the active ingredients in it that relate to MPB so just using the powder probably wont do it because its all about strength to see results which often isnt practical for a do it yourself job

I know it's the wrong forum, since this is not cutting edge at all but...

I've wanted to experiment with curcumin in the past, but the heavy staining kept me away from it.

Are you sure it doesn't stains? what about the smell?

There are other products like this combo:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

Too bad they don't seem to list any ingredient strength

Ah, curcumin impacts a variety of hair loss-related factors. No one has yet made the connection between curcumin and the Wnt pathway, but according to the patent for SM, it is essentially the same chemical as curcumin (or something very similar, same molecular family). I'm hopeful it's significantly more potent, but this test may reveal whether this drug has any potential and whether there are any potential side effects. gorilla tag