Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joel203
    • Jun 2014

Rate my hair loss - 24 y/o

Hi I have been experiencing thinning on the hairline since I was 18, how bad is it and what steps should I take?
    I am 24 years old by the way
    Attached Files
  • thejack
    • Dec 2009

You are thinning at a slow rate if that is where you are after 6 years I started losing when I was 18 and I would have been at least norwood 3 if it wasn't for finasteride (which I would now consider if I were you).

Comment

• joel203
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by thejack
      You are thinning at a slow rate if that is where you are after 6 years I started losing when I was 18 and I would have been at least norwood 3 if it wasn't for finasteride (which I would now consider if I were you).
      Yeh I just started on propecia now how long do you think I can keep my hair?
      Also my crown shocked me massively as when I look at it through mirrors I see no apparent thinning but when I took the pic I was very surprised and shocked

Comment

• thejack
        • Dec 2009

How long you keep your hair depends how you react to the drug: Some people can develop sides effects or it only slows their loss for a while, whereas others can get regrowth and stabilise their loss for significant amounts of time. I was one of the lucky ones having regrowth and have stabilised my loss for 7 years now (and hopefully for the rest of my life!).
        Your hair looks in pretty good shape although it is a short haircut; my hair is fine and I was balding fairly rapidly at a young age so I was surprised how well I reacted. I would suspect you will be able to stabilise your loss also but who knows just have to wait and see

Comment

• Illusion
          • Jul 2014

If you're really thinning since your 18th then I'd say your recession is pretty slow and propecia would probably do the job for you

Comment

• joel203
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Illusion
            If you're really thinning since your 18th then I'd say your recession is pretty slow and propecia would probably do the job for you
            well I only noticed my receded temples when someone pointed them out to me, but when I came across old pictures from when I was 18 now I am clued up on the balding process I noticed even since back then I had miniuatirized hairs along my hairline

Comment

• robincurtz
              • Jan 2015

Never stop taking finasteride....

Comment

• tedwuji
                • Jun 2014

generic Proscar quartered daily costs about 28 dollars per year at Walmart. Get it and save your hair asap. Wait a few years to see what is does for you and consider restoring hairline after mid-twenties if preferred.

Comment

Working...