+ Reply to Thread

Default Loniten - Worth It?

Ive recently started taking oral minoxidil Loniten 10mg, has anyone got any experiences with this medication? Im not taking it with a diuretic or beta blocker yet as haven't encountered any water retention so far. The only side ive noticed is I get slight chest pains and its harder to breathe but am willing to battle on through if it helps my hair. Is Loniten good enough to regrow frontal hair? Im still using topical minoxidil too.

Hi, I have used topical Minoxidil in early stages of my alopecia. Oral, however, I heard only few can tolerate as it has more side effects compared to topical one like fluid retention and heart disease. You mention slight chest pain, and difficulty to breathe, I would advise to consult your doctor regarding these side effects before continuing.
    Are you getting it on prescription? Oral Minoxidil, that too with 10 mg (that sounds a lot) may show you a great regrowth, however, to maintain it you would require taking minox for long term and it is not advisable. Plus, other side effects are growth of unwanted body hair (on cheeks and forehead) and loud heartbeat.

Luca.

Quote Originally Posted by FFS View Post
    The only side ive noticed is I get slight chest pains and its harder to breathe but am willing to battle on through if it helps my hair.
    Oh just sides that effect one of the most vital organs in our body. No big deal. As long as it doesn't cause ED, gyno, or brain fog, then it is totally worth it.

Yes but my hair is getting so bad and I need regrowth, topical minox isn't cutting it no more. Ive noticed baby hairs on my cheeks and above my eyebrows, nothing to report on my head though.

10mg is never gonna do anything for in terms of regrowth. You'll need something like 40-50mg. However, keep in mind that the results will fade as you quit the medication, which you'll have to eventually.

Loniten is not worth it as it's not a long term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    10mg is never gonna do anything for in terms of regrowth. You'll need something like 40-50mg. However, keep in mind that the results will fade as you quit the medication, which you'll have to eventually.

Loniten is not worth it as it's not a long term solution.
    Yes but if I take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night for 6 months, get some regrowth and then stop, maybe if the regrowth is good ill be able to maintain it with other medications that im taking such as Avodart and RU.

Quote Originally Posted by FFS View Post
    Yes but if I take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night for 6 months, get some regrowth and then stop, maybe if the regrowth is good ill be able to maintain it with other medications that im taking such as Avodart and RU.
    No. That's not the mechanism of Minoxidil. I think you should stop what you're doing. You clearly have no idea.