+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default 2 weeks post op all donor and recipient areas

My second procedure was 878 fue. The donor included scalp (471) beard (291) and chest (116)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Richard, no they did not use Acell and I did not inquire. My healing and growth has been extremely good without the product.

I don't have an interest in trying something that has zero results so far. I'm just not interested in being a guinea pig, which is the definition of a test patient. I have enough battle scars and don't need more to contend with at this point. So I prefer to go with something that actually works, by a highly skilled and ethical clinic.

I appreciate those that are willing to try something new as it benefits everyone. What I do not like seeing is something being hyped to desperate patients. Desperate patients are weak and easily taken advantage of and these clinics and doctors have a moral and ethical obligation to do no harm.

Testing is just that testing. Some of what I have seen so far such as the 600 hair procedure goes beyond testing and I can hardly be convinced that it's not. 100 hairs without the patient having to pay would be considered a test in my book. Where as 600 with the patient paying is a whole different ball game. Not trying to knock anyone, just calling it like I see it.

Default 1 month post op 2nd procedure

Beard donor and scalp recipient.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I did receive a comment that my skin still appeared a little red on another forum. This has more to do with the cold dry air here in Chicago along with just coming back from the gym and working up a sweat. This picture of the beard donor might be a better representation as I took it this morning.

Excellent healing!!
    I'm pretty sure with this second pass you will be
    extremely satisfied (even more than before)
    All the best my friend and thanks for all the good advice.

Everyone here is my 8 week update from my second procedure. The healing has gone just as well as for my first procedure and now it’s only a matter of having the hairs grow out in the recipient area. For those interested in the bht numbers I have had over 2 procedures a total of 491 beard hairs in a fairly concentrated area around the chin since my beard is not very strong and approximately 216 chest hairs and if my math is correct the scalp donor was 1141 over 2 procedures. BHR please correct those numbers if I have made any errors.

Thanks again to BHR for even accepting me as a patient. It was a very risky proposition but they are an ethical, honest and well run clinic and for that I am very grateful. I would also like to say that I hope my many posts on several forums do not come off as being too abrasive as I really consider myself mild manner and willing to help and give to anyone. This whole long 25+ year journey has just added a great deal of stress to my life so I hope most here understand.

One poster on another forum has already commented that he was unimpressed with the result so I probably need to explain this last posting for those who do not take time to read the whole thread. There is no result to see as it’s been 8 weeks since the surgery. This posting is meant for those that are considering body and beard hair. Close to 500 fue were extracted from my face in a fairly concentrated area I would guess approximately 2 sq inches. The pictures are posted for the benefit of others to evaluate the donor area 8 weeks out and are meant to be informative in nature. The post is not for my benefit it’s for your benefit.

Inactive

Unimpressed? Just ignore it. Anyways i still have another question so far with more docs jumping on the Acell train.

Would you consider or think about doing plucked acell hairs on a small case, lets say 50 hairs or so. Would you do this if someone would offer this to you?

I would probably pass. Surely if I can post a clear and understandable photo the clinics using Acell and plucking can do the same. Really what is the deal, showing results with photos is part of their business but they just can’t seem to do it. The red flag doesn’t get any bigger than that.

It also took me a very long time to find a clinic that I could trust and at the same time is highly skilled.

Looking Good , extraction sites from the face look superb , cant wait see it growing in few months

Cheers Tc

ejj
    Last edited by ejj; 03-19-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling