Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MancBoy
    • Jun 2014

CB-03-01 Investor update

Can anyone make sense of the above? (obvs scroll down to CB-03-01 Alopecia)

Thank
  • Sogeking
    • Feb 2011

Not much to say, they expect to finish Phase 3 for acne with CB-03-01 by the end of 2017. And it shows great promise without serious side effects. The vehicle is BID 1% (don't know what this is).

For alopecia they are taking NW2 - NW5s, mostly NW3 and NW3 vertex to see the results of CB vs. placebo and minox. Phase 2 should finish by the end of this year.

Comment

• breakbot
      • Feb 2014

The bad news are that the acne product will be released i guess 2018. So 3 more years.
      Although it seems that in 1% concentration can be effective.
      The acne product could be a weapon until the alopecia version join the market.

Comment

• Tenma
        • Nov 2013

Pretty interesting info.

My only fear is cosmo not being able to find a partner.

Also the damn fda demands a f**cking long phase 3

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

yeah other than the long wait I think the worry is a partner for the money to finish this. A lot of MPB things in the past never were seen through to the end like RU which arguably seemed to work

Comment

• Swooping
            • May 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
            yeah other than the long wait I think the worry is a partner for the money to finish this. A lot of MPB things in the past never were seen through to the end like RU which arguably seemed to work
            True. To be honest I don't see CB-03-01 launching off for AGA. But we'll see.

Comment

• charlie76761
              • Oct 2014

Does anyone else find it odd that the report only talks about CB effect of increasing hair diameter and nothing around new growth (previously they were talking up massive new hairs)?

Comment

• Sogeking
                • Feb 2011

Not sure about that. Treatments like RU 58841 failed because they couldn't get FDA approval in early stages, no one knows why it didn't get approved. Others like Aderans and Intercytex failed because of the effectivity problems. There weren't that many potential hair loss treatments that we know off. Also there haven't been a lot of possible treatments that got to enter Phase 3 and search for a partner for distribution.

I don't think they will have much problems to find a partner if effectivity and safety are proven through first two phases.

I just wish Histogen could find a partner for additional funding.

Comment

• Swooping
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by charlie76761
                  Does anyone else find it odd that the report only talks about CB effect of increasing hair diameter and nothing around new growth (previously they were talking up massive new hairs)?
                  Expect it to work just as good as the current 5ar2 inhibitors and anti-androgens we have now, nothing more really.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
                    Expect it to work just as good as the current 5ar2 inhibitors and anti-androgens we have now, nothing more really.
                    I agree. However, if it doesn't have the unwanted side effects that is what would be huge.

Comment

• huawei
                      • Jun 2013

Looks pretty reasonable really though I don't see the comparisons to current stuff like propecia. IIRC looking at this the other day this aims to treat the effects of inflammation rather than the underlying cause of inflammation where as propecia actively reduces the inflammation through reduction in dht and all of that yeah? Still if this comes to the market it'll be a welcome addition.

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

Its an AA first and foremost but it has anti inflammatory properties too so it might work better than propecia. Its all guessing until we see this phase 2 which will tell the real story. How big is the anti inflammatory part of it? No one knows so just wait and see. Guessing at how well it works is kind of silly. The preliminary study said 2 times as strong as propecia.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                          • Sep 2014

Its an AA first and foremost but it has anti inflammatory properties too so it might work better than propecia. Its all guessing until we see this phase 2 which will tell the real story. How big is the anti inflammatory part of it? No one knows so just wait and see. Guessing at how well it works is kind of silly. The preliminary study said 2 times as strong as propecia.
                          Propecia needs to just die as the leading hair loss treatment. It's absurd that in 2015, the best we can do is Propecia.

Comment

• sdsurfin
                            • Sep 2013

it's actually not an anti androgen first and foremost. It's a compound with anti androgen properties, but there are other much better anti androgens currently being tested for acne. the problem is theres no guarantee they will ever be tested for AA and if they are it will be a long time from now. it really sucks. CB is very hyped, and according to people at companies i've talked to is not that powerful. Might still be useful but wouldn't count on too much.

Comment

• balding1983
                              • Sep 2013

The reason they don't test anti-androgens first for AA and instead for things like acne is because of potential markets.
                              Would a teenager be willing to use a new treatment for acne if they know it is being used to make bald men hairy?

But if a drug corners the acne market first and then the company can bring out that same drug for AA without reducing their potential market.

Comment

Working...