+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default CB-03-01 Investor update

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...vestor_day.pdf

Can anyone make sense of the above? (obvs scroll down to CB-03-01 Alopecia)

Thank

Not much to say, they expect to finish Phase 3 for acne with CB-03-01 by the end of 2017. And it shows great promise without serious side effects. The vehicle is BID 1% (don't know what this is).

For alopecia they are taking NW2 - NW5s, mostly NW3 and NW3 vertex to see the results of CB vs. placebo and minox. Phase 2 should finish by the end of this year.

The bad news are that the acne product will be released i guess 2018. So 3 more years.
    Although it seems that in 1% concentration can be effective.
    The acne product could be a weapon until the alopecia version join the market.

Pretty interesting info.

My only fear is cosmo not being able to find a partner.

Also the damn fda demands a f**cking long phase 3

yeah other than the long wait I think the worry is a partner for the money to finish this. A lot of MPB things in the past never were seen through to the end like RU which arguably seemed to work

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    yeah other than the long wait I think the worry is a partner for the money to finish this. A lot of MPB things in the past never were seen through to the end like RU which arguably seemed to work
    True. To be honest I don't see CB-03-01 launching off for AGA. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Not sure about that. Treatments like RU 58841 failed because they couldn't get FDA approval in early stages, no one knows why it didn't get approved. Others like Aderans and Intercytex failed because of the effectivity problems. There weren't that many potential hair loss treatments that we know off. Also there haven't been a lot of possible treatments that got to enter Phase 3 and search for a partner for distribution.

I don't think they will have much problems to find a partner if effectivity and safety are proven through first two phases.

I just wish Histogen could find a partner for additional funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Not much to say, they expect to finish Phase 3 for acne with CB-03-01 by the end of 2017. And it shows great promise without serious side effects. The vehicle is BID 1% (don't know what this is).

For alopecia they are taking NW2 - NW5s, mostly NW3 and NW3 vertex to see the results of CB vs. placebo and minox. Phase 2 should finish by the end of this year.
    BID 1% is not the vehicle. BID means bis in diem which is Latin for twice a day. It's standard pharma terminology.

So they are applying 1% CB twice a day.

Re: CB's strength, it doesn't really matter that CB is a slightly weaker AA than others. That just means you may need a higher concentration. The important thing is what happens when it penetrates the skin ie it supposedly quickly degrades to an inactive form. Unlike say flutamide which is a very strong AA but has systemic effects.

I don't recall Cosmo ever saying CB causes massive new hair growth. The pilot study showed an increase in hair count but that doesn't mean new hairs, it just means more hairs in anagen, which means more hairs at any given time. It won't cause much new growth anyway. AAs do not grow new hair. They don't even really reverse miniaturisation except in very early or very rare cases. It should significantly outperform Propecia though, because Propecia only lowers scalp DHT by about 30%. CB should beat that comfortably, and block T as well as DHT.

The best way to think of CB is basically the same as RU but more stable. And also quality control assured of it gets released officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    BID 1% is not the vehicle. BID means bis in diem which is Latin for twice a day. It's standard pharma terminology.

So they are applying 1% CB twice a day.

Re: CB's strength, it doesn't really matter that CB is a slightly weaker AA than others. That just means you may need a higher concentration. The important thing is what happens when it penetrates the skin ie it supposedly quickly degrades to an inactive form. Unlike say flutamide which is a very strong AA but has systemic effects.

I don't recall Cosmo ever saying CB causes massive new hair growth. The pilot study showed an increase in hair count but that doesn't mean new hairs, it just means more hairs in anagen, which means more hairs at any given time. It won't cause much new growth anyway. AAs do not grow new hair. They don't even really reverse miniaturisation except in very early or very rare cases. It should significantly outperform Propecia though, because Propecia only lowers scalp DHT by about 30%. CB should beat that comfortably, and block T as well as DHT.

The best way to think of CB is basically the same as RU but more stable. And also quality control assured of it gets released officially.
    I highly doubt cb wil ever be released. All AA's will cause side effects. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that's the truth.

I don't think there's any point to CB. The PGD2 blockers will be more useful for maintenance, and things like SM or BIM seem much more promising re-growth wise. I doubt the side effect profile for CB is too bad, but I also don't think it'll be all that useful.