+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    RU has the same side effects as dut and fin, although less severe.
    ru doesn't affect the alpha5r enzyme. plenty of neurosteroids no longer being sacrificed with RU.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Nah in 5 years CB will be finished according to their timeline assuming its seen all the way through to the end. Although I would give you that CB might not give results too far from propecia or dut since its just another AA really although it competes with T too an important distinction. THere are quite a few other treatments being trialed right now though so I definitely think 5 years something better this time but you never know
    HT will be the best solution long term to get back large amounts of hair but not for prevention/maintenance so just depends on your situation
    this is one thing i can't understand. propecia lowers scalp dht anywehre 30-50 %. and people have great success with that. RU and CB on the other hand is dose dependent. It is practical to have 99% scalp reduction of androgens. This would be safer with CB for sure. Im not sure we know the doses for RU but im sure it can be the same without much danger. Who knows how much propecia you'd have to eat to get that. And how much of your brain coherency you'd give up taking DUT.

Quote Originally Posted by gmill09 View Post
    this is one thing i can't understand. propecia lowers scalp dht anywehre 30-50 %. and people have great success with that. RU and CB on the other hand is dose dependent. It is practical to have 99% scalp reduction of androgens. This would be safer with CB for sure. Im not sure we know the doses for RU but im sure it can be the same without much danger. Who knows how much propecia you'd have to eat to get that. And how much of your brain coherency you'd give up taking DUT.
    RU can give side effects just like FIN, there have been people that experience sides from RU at higher dosage.

Im not sure about CB/RU's DHT reduction, but you can't raise the reduction with FIN by taking more, it levels out at about 60% which is good enough for most, but more aggressive hairloss sufferers usually need to go on DUT which can reduce up to 99% at 3.5mg, but most stick with the normal 0.5mg daily which reduces 75-80% I believe(someone can correct me on that) I'm personally on DUT with no sides.

CB looks to be a much safer alternative than anything in the past, and unlike RU which stopped in phase II, CB/Cosmo has alot more money. So if it is effective, moreso than Fin for example, I'd imagine they would market it as a much safer, topical hairloss maintainer.

Yeah I agree that CB will be much more effective and is probably dose dependent like you mention. RU is certainly more risky for different reasons but has one big advantage. Its available right now although I do think it can give sides at higher doses just like propecia but they are probably less severe.

When will this be released...?

No one knows for sure but years like maybe 2 or 3. Its possible though at high doses it could cause some sides who really knows yet. I do fear a little that CB is gonna cost a lot when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gmill09 View Post
    ru doesn't affect the alpha5r enzyme. plenty of neurosteroids no longer being sacrificed with RU.
    RU though isnt all sunshine and roses just because its a different approach. I dont know where those receptors are in the body but RU that does not bind to hair could bind anywhere else causing major problems possibly. Its a very potent AA so its going to completely shut down anything it hits. The metabolites it breaks down into could deposit anywhere and no one knows anything about what that means long term.
    Fin isnt perfect but there are studies on things like its metabolites and 5/10 year studies showing its safe atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    RU though isnt all sunshine and roses just because its a different approach. I dont know where those receptors are in the body but RU that does not bind to hair could bind anywhere else causing major problems possibly. Its a very potent AA so its going to completely shut down anything it hits. The metabolites it breaks down into could deposit anywhere and no one knows anything about what that means long term.
    Fin isnt perfect but there are studies on things like its metabolites and 5/10 year studies showing its safe atleast.
    Not gonna disagree with you about anything. I just don't feel ru travels in the body well. Just my opinion I'm not a doctor. Hopfully cb is cheap eventually

The best investment anyone can do is real estate investing in my opinion... That is something that never loses price and if you are smart enough you can make some serious money. I became a member of connected investors group and there I have made some friends that invest with me. We gather the funds and together we do the buying, after some time we try to flip the house when the market is good. You have to be patient and patience is the most important thing in investing. You cannot make any rash decisions because those rarely pay off.