+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    BID 1% is not the vehicle. BID means bis in diem which is Latin for twice a day. It's standard pharma terminology.

So they are applying 1% CB twice a day.

Re: CB's strength, it doesn't really matter that CB is a slightly weaker AA than others. That just means you may need a higher concentration. The important thing is what happens when it penetrates the skin ie it supposedly quickly degrades to an inactive form. Unlike say flutamide which is a very strong AA but has systemic effects.

I don't recall Cosmo ever saying CB causes massive new hair growth. The pilot study showed an increase in hair count but that doesn't mean new hairs, it just means more hairs in anagen, which means more hairs at any given time. It won't cause much new growth anyway. AAs do not grow new hair. They don't even really reverse miniaturisation except in very early or very rare cases. It should significantly outperform Propecia though, because Propecia only lowers scalp DHT by about 30%. CB should beat that comfortably, and block T as well as DHT.

The best way to think of CB is basically the same as RU but more stable. And also quality control assured of it gets released officially.
    I highly doubt cb wil ever be released. All AA's will cause side effects. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that's the truth.

I don't think there's any point to CB. The PGD2 blockers will be more useful for maintenance, and things like SM or BIM seem much more promising re-growth wise. I doubt the side effect profile for CB is too bad, but I also don't think it'll be all that useful.

Why do they need FDA approval? This is an italian firm.....they could release it in any country right?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I don't think there's any point to CB. The PGD2 blockers will be more useful for maintenance, and things like SM or BIM seem much more promising re-growth wise. I doubt the side effect profile for CB is too bad, but I also don't think it'll be all that useful.
    Maybe but your basically guessing. I dont think any of the past small studies they have done nor people buying chemicals from unlicensed manufacturers and experimenting on their own is actually a good representation of the effectiveness of the actual final product or chemical. The better safety profile is one of the biggest advantages to it even if its no better than fin.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Maybe but your basically guessing. I dont think any of the past small studies they have done nor people buying chemicals from unlicensed manufacturers and experimenting on their own is actually a good representation of the effectiveness of the actual final product or chemical. The better safety profile is one of the biggest advantages to it even if its no better than fin.
    Agreeing entirely with this. We all extoll the virtues of a fin with no side effects and CB could be that. Honestly, I hope that all of these treatments come to fruition.

CB will probably get shelved. Salix, who are running the trials in the US, was just bought out by Valeant. Valeant has a long history of buying up companies and shelving the drugs they have in development.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0LQ0V420150223

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    CB will probably get shelved. Salix, who are running the trials in the US, was just bought out by Valeant. Valeant has a long history of buying up companies and shelving the drugs they have in development.

I thought Valeant was supporting Cosmo's trailing of this product? They seemed to have good hope for it. Cosmo was working with Valeant on CB-03-01 just last year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post

Not sure if I buy that - if Cosmo have contracted Salix to run the trials, this will be run out of different dept to drug development...clinical trials as a managed service are a nice income earner for any drug company - you dont bin those... fair margins and good revenue

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Not sure if I buy that - if Cosmo have contracted Salix to run the trials, this will be run out of different dept to drug development...clinical trials as a managed service are a nice income earner for any drug company - you dont bin those... fair margins and good revenue
    Salix has nothing to do with CB.

Intrepid Therapeutics is running the USA trial.

Still, for us i think good news Cosmo didnt merge with Salix few months ago.

The phase 2 POC trial data collection etc finishes at the end of this month. Keep an eye out!