+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Talked to a chick on dating site for a while. After I sent a real photo, she....

So, I met this really pretty chick on the dating website. We exchanged emails. We exchanged emails for a few weeks. She even said we had chemistry. Then she asked the question. "May I see your photo?". I said sure.

It took a lot of guts but I sent a real recent photo. She literally said she is busy, and I never heard from her again.

You should have sent her the fake picture of yourself that you posted on a different thread earlier this week. Maybe she would have reacted differently.

Very very sorry to hear that.
    What's your stage? Maybe you're still a candidate for treatments?

In any case, work out, go out and meet girls. Hair does matter, but so do a lot of other things.
    Don't get discouraged by just one..... go play, whatever you look like (I do.... even though I've lost a lot of self esteem because my NW1-2 (dont know which) hairline).

This is why I feel online dating sucks (when they haven't seen your picture yet that is).

Yesterday I stumbled upon some episodes of "Dating in the dark UK" on youtube. The concept is like this: 3 men and 3 women date eachother in the pitch black, then after a couple of dates they get to see eachother in the light. After all of that has happened, they can choose whether they want to continue to see eachother or not.

The thing is, because they weren't able to see eachother beforehand but got to know eachother first, their minds made all these images of how the other could like. Obviously they were hoping best case scenario. When it turned out that the other didn't meet their (somewhat high) expectations, they were disappointed and often choose to not see eachother again afterwards.

I think the same has happened to you, Flight. She was probably into you but perhaps her expectations of your appearance formed during the conversations you had with her, didn't meet reality.

A 2nd option is that you're blowing this whole story up in your head, something which you do a lot. I sometimes wonder why people (me included) still even respond to your threads. Sure being bald sucks, but you've made over 200 threads whining about basically the same subject. Have you ever considered therapy? I think it would be good for you.

Really though, I think you should stop online dating and move on to real life dating. Online dating doesn't seem very good for your self-esteem and it's very likely that you're misinterpreting a lot of things, something that can happen in real life too but is even more likely to happen online.

FlightTL is obviously trolling, and you guys still fall for this.

I would love to see what you "really" look like. You are probably being way too hard on your appearance, and, BTW, how much makeup was this "really pretty chick" wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by dyi View Post
    Very very sorry to hear that.
    What's your stage? Maybe you're still a candidate for treatments?

In any case, work out, go out and meet girls. Hair does matter, but so do a lot of other things.
    Don't get discouraged by just one..... go play, whatever you look like (I do.... even though I've lost a lot of self esteem because my NW1-2 (dont know which) hairline).
    Norwood 7.

I APpreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I would love to see what you "really" look like. You are probably being way too hard on your appearance, and, BTW, how much makeup was this "really pretty chick" wearing?
    From what I could tell, just a little.

It was my fault for being into her.

FlightTL put your picture up first that way you can be confident that the girl is talking to you knowing what you look like from the get go.
    Don't be hanging on every word they say you need to condition your mind so that YOU believe YOU are the one with value out of the two of you. By being into her after some email exchange is crazy and this will stink of insecurity to a normal woman. You really need to work on your inner self. Start meditating and training, put your picture up when you are feeling a bit better and you will definitely attract some girl who will worship you. There is an abundance of women we are compatible with NO MATTER what you look like.