+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I really appreciate that, man. Thank you.
    It's great that you're seeing positive results, and i hope to see some too. I doubt you'll get a "full head of hair" from this but it might slow down your HL.

So, you use Saw Palmetto topically and orally(pills I assume?)? What about pumpkin seed out: is that topical too? Do you apply all over your head and do you wash it off? I'd really appreciate some details.
    I got some veggiecaps(dietery supplements) today that are a combination of Saw Palmetto, biotin and vitamins but I doubt that'll do much; I'll need to apply Saw Palmetto topically.
    I've been applying minoxidil for 2.5 years and I want to stop using it now because it's not effective anymore and its given me puffy eyes that are a f*cking pain in the *ss. But I fear i'll lose a lot more hair if I stop

Rizan, the good thing about natural is that if new growth(terminal) hair is happening. It will do more than just prevent more hair loss, this I believe is where the natural approach differs from pharms, and I think that many people on fin and minox would agree with this, that in most cases people who have gone the pharm route saw it as the only option in keeping the hair that they have. When new hair growth actually occurs naturally, it doesn't stop, it actually accelerates, because it is not at all a band aid to hairloss. When the hardest part to achieve (New terminal hair) happens naturally it is all down hill rather than an uphill battle to keep your hair, as it is whith pharms.Some hair means more hair when achieved naturally. I can tell u might be asking yourself, "what if I never started minox" "would I I have more hair now if I spent 2.5 years using natural topicals and dht blockers, vitamins and minerals that nourish, and 15 minutes of massage every night?". The answer for your hair is a definite "Yes". I have seen the pictures. Natural is smooth down hill, once the ball is rolling, whereas pharms are a contant battle uphill to keep there hair you have with no REAl progress, the progress IS, and ONLY in No More Hair Loss.

In case I don't get bak to this right away. Dont stop using minox, you have already LOCKED yourself into it. If you do, you will lose ALOT of hair.I am NOT at all a NATURAL GURU, I am about keeping hair! Natural is the BETTER option. In your case it is better to keep using minox and incorporate a natural cure into your routine. Mine takes almost an hour a day right now, so its not easy, but I know for certain what an hour a day will mean, 2.5 years from now, when I can see it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    BUMP. No one?

Those are ****ING great results.

Hate to say this though, without Finasteride, or some anti DHT, your results
    will be temporary. Even for a few years.

Best of luck.

Rizaan,

Here's my routine:

1. Saw palmetto, pumkin seed oil topical. Hairmetto

2. fish oil capsules 2 1000 mg a day

3. Saw palmetto, pumpkin seed vitamin and mineral complex. Hairomega 3 in 1 dht

4. Homemade powder made of mostly of garlic skin. Other ingredients in smaller amounts are: l-carnatine, niacin, melatonin, biotin, and b6.(put it all in a coffee grinder, and grind until the powder becomes the consistency of flour. ( takes forever, about 10 mins to get it this fine).

4. Vibrating Hair Brush

5. Shower cap

Take all supplements morning and night.

Before bed, I shake enough powder on my head till the scalp turns white(exfoliant ).
    While this is on my head, i give myself a 15 min massage. I time it, or I do less . I use the bristle side of the vibrating brush first for 5 min to set the powder, then I flip the brush over to the other side that has several hard plasic nodules on it about the diameter of a quarter, and stick out a 1/4 inch each. Massage with this side for ten minutes. I can feel the scalp being pulled and it hurt slightly at first.
    When the exfoliating of the scalp is finished, my scalp literally drinks the oil that I now apply AFTER not during the massage.
    I apply the oil to my entire scalp, even on my forehead, put a shower cap on and go to sleep. The shape of my head is changing, by the amount of crud being removed. first month I only used the bristle side of the brush, until I read this http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/
    Then shower daily pura d or blue label.
    This has been every day for 4 months now, I will continue to take real pictures, should be interesting to see more and more hair when someone actually sticks to the same thing for a long time. Other than all of the new terminal hair, In one of the close ups you can see that follicles are waking up by the darker color, those did not appear that wsy four months ago, this was just high forehead with no sign of follicles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Those are ****ING great results.

Hate to say this though, without Finasteride, or some anti DHT, your results
    will be temporary. Even for a few years.

Best of luck.
    That is from back in early 2015, I've lost more hair since then You are right about not taking anti-DHT treatments, but Propecia scares the shit out of me. I'm going to try natural remedies like Saw Palmetto

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    Rizaan,

Here's my routine:

1. Saw palmetto, pumkin seed oil topical. Hairmetto

2. fish oil capsules 2 1000 mg a day

3. Saw palmetto, pumpkin seed vitamin and mineral complex. Hairomega 3 in 1 dht

4. Homemade powder made of mostly of garlic skin. Other ingredients in smaller amounts are: l-carnatine, niacin, melatonin, biotin, and b6.(put it all in a coffee grinder, and grind until the powder becomes the consistency of flour. ( takes forever, about 10 mins to get it this fine).

4. Vibrating Hair Brush

5. Shower cap

Take all supplements morning and night.

Before bed, I shake enough powder on my head till the scalp turns white(exfoliant ).
    While this is on my head, i give myself a 15 min massage. I time it, or I do less . I use the bristle side of the vibrating brush first for 5 min to set the powder, then I flip the brush over to the other side that has several hard plasic nodules on it about the diameter of a quarter, and stick out a 1/4 inch each. Massage with this side for ten minutes. I can feel the scalp being pulled and it hurt slightly at first.
    When the exfoliating of the scalp is finished, my scalp literally drinks the oil that I now apply AFTER not during the massage.
    I apply the oil to my entire scalp, even on my forehead, put a shower cap on and go to sleep. The shape of my head is changing, by the amount of crud being removed. first month I only used the bristle side of the brush, until I read this http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/
    Then shower daily pura d or blue label.
    This has been every day for 4 months now, I will continue to take real pictures, should be interesting to see more and more hair when someone actually sticks to the same thing for a long time. Other than all of the new terminal hair, In one of the close ups you can see that follicles are waking up by the darker color, those did not appear that wsy four months ago, this was just high forehead with no sign of follicles at all.
    Here in India Hairmetto and Hairomega are imported and are very expensive, so I'll try buying Saw palmetto oil and pumpkin seed out separately, and I'll mix them with jojoba oil (carrier) and massage in topically, which will do the job of the vibrating brush by increasing circulation.
    Do you think the fish oil capsules and the homemade powder are worth it? They seem like a pain in the *ss. Will you try anything from this site i posted about on another thread: https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/clean-scalp/ ? What about derma rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    I'm not sure I believe that. He's trying to sell that ebook and there's no guarantee what he says works. But do you perform that massage anyway? Do you have anything to share about it that I could try?

Minoxidil works just as well on the hairline and vertex, so you made a smart
    decision applying it on both places.

Shedding should only be a one time thing for all follicles it comes
    in contact. If not, it's the androgen DHT causing the baldness.

Unfortunately Minoxidil is temporary, when used alone.

One milligram of Finasteride combined with Minoxidil should do the
    trick.

Finasteride regrowth on it's own is possible to regrow
    sixty percent lost, but can take up to two years.

Combined, usually you might get up to 85% regrowth.