Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iubball22
    • Aug 2009

Can I use minoxidil once a day

I've tried twice but it ruins my hair for the day. I'm in the very initial phase of hair loss so would only before bed be beneficial
  • brentipold
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by iubball22
    I've tried twice but it ruins my hair for the day. I'm in the very initial phase of hair loss so would only before bed be beneficial
    I know a few people who have tried applying it once at nighttime, and twice on days where they arn't going to go go out in public for a while, and they had great success with it. I'm trying to do the same thing and have only been using it for about a month and a half so I can't really tell you for myself.

Comment

• Layercake
      • Feb 2009

I use just .5ml every-other night on the front of my head where my hair was thinning in a forward facing C-shape around a tuft of hair in the very front of my head. It's working great. I stopped for 3 months over the summer after using it for 7-8 months and it thinned out like mad, you could clearly see I was balding from the top of my head with my hair short. Now with my hair that same length you can't tell at all.

I also take 1mg generic proscar every-other day as well.

I'm only 21, that may be helping.

The bottom line is, it really depends on how well you respond.

Comment

• brentipold
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Layercake
        I use just .5ml every-other night on the front of my head where my hair was thinning in a forward facing C-shape around a tuft of hair in the very front of my head. It's working great. I stopped for 3 months over the summer after using it for 7-8 months and it thinned out like mad, you could clearly see I was balding from the top of my head with my hair short. Now with my hair that same length you can't tell at all.

I also take 1mg generic proscar every-other day as well.

I'm only 21, that may be helping.

The bottom line is, it really depends on how well you respond.

um i'm thinking its the proscar.. not the minox.

Comment

• Layercake
          • Feb 2009

dude, I wish, I stopped the shitty, smelly minox for three months and things went to hell, my hair became depressingly thin. It could just have been the withdrawl shed, but i didn't want to risk it. I restarted it asap and also shaved my head, now its grown back perfectly full and thick.

I'd also just like to say that shaving my head for the first time was kinda nice an liberating, it was sort of like facing my fears. I'd rather not be shaved, but when it finally comes down to it, whatever, hair is hair. I'd take being bald over some other crazy health condition any day.

Comment

• Ocsor
            • Jan 2011

Hi

I have been using minox 7.5% once a day for about 13 years. Up until now it has been working pretty well. I have my pharmacist make it up with azelaic acid for absorption without irritating myscalp. It does not sell but it does dry out the hair.

Comment

Working...