Thread: My interview!

Threaded View

Default My interview!

As i promised i did a phonecall to institute where is working Terskih's team.
    Alexey Terskih - team leader, he is living and working in USA.
    His brother and rest team are working in Moscow.
    His brother was absent, so i spoke with Ekaterina Vorotelyak.
    We spoke about many other things, but this is main content. She made impression on me how very educated and qualified scientist, she hold hand on pulse of cutting edge treatments:
    -Greetings and my congratulation with nice article. My name is %username%, i'm spokesman of forum community on BTT.
    -Greetings, %username%. What is BTT?
    -Community of bald/balding guys that trying to beat alopecia. Do you have a bit of time to answer on a few question for my interview?
    -Yes, go on.
    -We were inspired with your article "Derivation of Hair-Inducing Cell from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells". But also exist many sceptics that saying "another experiment on mouse"... And first question (joachim):"How do we create the iPS cells from a persons skin cells?"
    -Well it is hard to explain and I suppose you will not understand, but we starting with harvesting skin fibroplast, it is much easier way. Of course IPSc can be made from any cell, but from fibroplast is much easier.
    -(joachim):"Do we still need genetic editing or some special and maybe illegal medical tricks to create such cells?"
    -No need, everything is solved and legal.
    -(joachim):"Are there still issues to be solved to get the required iPS cells?"
    -Theoretically - there is no issues, everything is done already.
    -(joachim):"What stops us to make a proof of concept trial with real humans?"
    -Russian government not funding development, because society dont care about bald guys. Society think that it is not a desease.
    -That is terrible.
    -Yes, all hope only on Alexey, he is pushing this method in USA, so i dont know about his progress on that field.
    -What do you think about if our community will funding you? We can make a project on kickstarter.
    -Oh, that will be nice, but I'm scientist, not finansist, i dont know how much money it will need and i havent time to solve financial question, sorry.
    -Can you help me if I give you necessary amount of money?
    -We are scientists, not a doctors, here needs technology and technical equipment, we have a lab only, its hard to reproduce such necessary number of IPSc to help you. We just made experiment to show to others that this is possible.
    -So not even a chance?
    -Even if would be a chance, i would never try it myself on human. It is huge responsability. IPSc can lead to cancer. IPSc are not known well yet.
    -So there will not be any trials in Russia?
    -No funding, government even cant buy a ticket (means for each team member) (~4000 euro for each) to visit Wold Hair Congress so...
    -That is horrible to know, so only last chance is hope that Alexey will start human trials in USA, but FDA approval will going to take another 5 years...
    -Sad, but true. Dont you want have a cancer right? (laughting)
    -Oh, i cant be sure now what is most great deal, to have a hair and cancer or be healthy bald.
    -Hahaha, hold on, keep your head up.
    -You know, many new drugs are tested in Russia (to high corruption level, easy to approve any drug). Dont you know, maybe Alexey will try human trials Russia?
    -Dont know really.
    -But if he will aprove here first in world, your team will get uncountable amount of money.
    -Hahaha nice, but cant say anything, because i dont know his plans.
    -Thats for spending you time on me. have a nice day.
    -Goodbye.