+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks Joe, when you said you experienced the results and work of Dr Lupanzula does that basically mean only his FUE procedures or have you seen his FUT work too? cheers pal.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    In the UK I'm a fan of Dr. Ball.
    I'm a fan of Dr. Ball in UK as well. I've worked with him several times when he was with Ziering Medical in UK but I'm working with him to start up his own clinic. Dr Ball strives for quality results like Shapiro Medical does.

As for the Belgium docs, Dr Bisanga has a great reputation as do Drs DeVroye and Feriduni. I've visited their clinics and know they have great patient care too. I haven't visited Dr Lupanzula but I know he a very caring physician and I've seen plenty of his great results. Also,
    It's worth a check back on the Farjo's, they're producing great results and would want to work with their unhappy patients.
    Hi, I'm the Head Tech and Surgical Manager for Shapiro Medical Group. janna@shapiromedical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeeman147 View Post
    Thanks Joe, when you said you experienced the results and work of Dr Lupanzula does that basically mean only his FUE procedures or have you seen his FUT work too? cheers pal.
    Toffeeman147,

Yes, I have only seen his FUE results in person and watched him perform FUE over a three day period. His FUSS work is too rare to schedule for my visit back in August and at this point it is such a rare thing for him to do that I don't think it is worth mentioning.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks for the advice Janna, much appreciated ....Not really confident with Dr Farjo again after my previous experience but curious to know how you know they would like to work with their unhappy patients. Have you been in contact with them about this? cheers

Thanks Joe
    So i ask the doctor who will be extracting with him? If he states it will be a technician, What question do i then ask? Maybe ... How many procedures have they done? What is their experience ? I will not know anything about the technician so any answer they give I will not know if truthful so can only go on the trust of the doctor. Joe there cant be many doctors who do all extractions or am I wrong here? Fatigue must play a big part especially on 1500 grafts per day. If a technician has been working with that doctor for many procedures and the doctor employs them then this must be good practice. Di I go with the doctors word? Appreciate your reply.

have you tried shaving? If you are willing to be scared for the rest of your life you should be willing to at least try for a minimum of 3 months shaving your head.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-11-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Incendiary comments removed. Please refer to posting policies. and TOS

Hi USP678
    Its not a good look with me unfortunately plus my existing hair is covering an injury scar from childhood.
    If I can ask what is your experience with HT? If so did you have a bad experience?
    If a doctor is in top five on all the forums does this not make them reputable?
    I am new to this and appreciate any experiences you have had and advice you may give. Thanks in advance.

how long did you try the shaved look? I went to two of the best clinics with the most recent being supposedly the best in the USA for FUE in my scars. He only made things worse and now not only do I have the linear scars but FUE scars that where suppose to be so small that even when shaved people would not notice...it is simply BS and marketing - there is no truth to it. I now shave but my scars are there - I like the overall look and wish I would have tried shaving long ago instead of wasting money on this BS. If you do not look at the scaring that results in hair transplants as much as you spend at looking at the area where the hair is transplanted you are not doing yourself any favors...keep in mind that pictures have lighting manipulated and hair is at different lengths in before and after photos - the emphise is placed on the hair transplanted area and not the donor when showing you photos - this is done on purpose.

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    i have seen a lot of photos showing HT area and also the donor area of same patients. A recent thread from a patient shows their own pictures from start to finnish over a 12 month period and donor area looks good with coverage. Sorry you have had a bad experience with HT. I'm high Norwood and would like a hairline again, but not at any cost. Any other thoughts??

I would never do a transplant with what I know now...not ever. If you are high on the scale you can never get anything but a thin look and your head will have scars to get this...it is not worth it. Shave and move on with life it is much less painful and when you are older you will thank yourself...who knows maybe an actual treatment without surgery will be available down the road. If you want to join a forum that advocates shaving go to slybaldguys.com they have a forum.