+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    "We developed a protocol to drive human pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into dermal papilla cells and confirmed their ability to induce hair growth when transplanted into mice."

Done on mice and if they really are and WILL trial this on humans, I'll send them a bottle of champaigne for at least trying even if it fails. About time some of these researchers quit monkeying around with mice for decades on end.
    +1000. Amen to that. I've been preaching on here for years about researchers trying things endlessly on mice but never seeming to have any intent on bringing their findings to human application.

God bless this team if they are intending to try this ON HUMANS. I've never heard of this team of researchers; they are not the same "mice researchers" that we hear about time and time again. Perhaps these researchers are of a new breed, different from the others, and really care about bringing their finding to human application. I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    +1000. Amen to that. I've been preaching on here for years about researchers trying things endlessly on mice but never seeming to have any intent on bringing their findings to human application.

God bless this team if they are intending to try this ON HUMANS. I've never heard of this team of researchers; they are not the same "mice researchers" that we hear about time and time again. Perhaps these researchers are of a new breed, different from the others, and really care about bringing their finding to human application. I sure hope so.
    my biggest fear: big pharma companies will pay these guys a nice sum, buy and patent their technology (if this kind of iPS cell creation can be patented) or simply tell them to stop their efforts and shelve the study so that it takes at least another 10 years til some other researchers decide to catch up on that idea again. everyone is buyable for the right amount of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    my biggest fear: big pharma companies will pay these guys a nice sum, buy and patent their technology (if this kind of iPS cell creation can be patented) or simply tell them to stop their efforts and shelve the study so that it takes at least another 10 years til some other researchers decide to catch up on that idea again. everyone is buyable for the right amount of cash.
    Snap, any kind of cure is easily brushed aside with bribe.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    China never signed international treaties on patents. They can illegally copy whatever they want. This would just be offered there by an enterprising chinese company.

@ Joachim even though this is a great step forward I don't know how long this will take to Avail, and we don't know what will become of this. That's why I keep my faith in dr lauster. He originally developed the follicles so they can test pharm chemicals on the follicles instead of animals. So something like that is beneficial to big Pharms, so they will want it out on the market. But this is still good stuff.

I don't buy into the big pharma conspiracies anymore. Take cancer diabetes and hair loss for example. If you had a cure or a super effective treatment then you can name your own price and more people will actually seek treatment. How many cancer or hair loss sufferers don't go through with treatment because its not effective enough. If you could have a cure for cancer or hair loss then you would have people give their life saving and put themselves in debt. If the company that makes fin bought the patent for the cure it would be absolutely retarded to not cash in. Whoever solves the puzzle will change the world and ensure their children's children's children will be filthy rich. The truth is we have a flawed system that has way too much red tape.

Without having to read much, let me guess, it's going to be out in the......NEXT 5-10 YEARS. Right? If I got a penny every time.......oh well.