+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It is done? They are looking for candidates... ;)

"We developed a protocol to drive human pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into dermal papilla cells and confirmed their ability to induce hair growth when transplanted into mice."

Done on mice and if they really are and WILL trial this on humans, I'll send them a bottle of champaigne for at least trying even if it fails. About time some of these researchers quit monkeying around with mice for decades on end.

Happy I didn't find the following: "Cure within the next 5 years" lol... Isn't this what Replicel and Histogen are doing anyways?

Does this require FDA approval?

F**K YEAH!
    Going to call Alexey Terskikh tomorrow!

lol. there are already 2 threads discussing this topic but it turned out that not many of the forum members are interested in it. however, i personally believe that this is indeed the final cure although the whole process has to be refined.

the big difference in this article lies in the last sentence! they say the are looking for partners to acomplish the last step, which is injecting the cells in human skin instead of mice. exactly like we want it. so could it really be the final step? we're really close.
    i hope the russian member who offered to give them a phone call can find out more on this and for what kind of partners they are looking for. maybe funding is needed too.
    this is exciting and i hope the forum members don't try to play down that breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    Happy I didn't find the following: "Cure within the next 5 years" lol... Isn't this what Replicel and Histogen are doing anyways?

Does this require FDA approval?
    nobody cares about FDA anymore. every biotech company with stem cell treatments of any kind must be dumb to try getting through a 10 year FDA journey. Japan is the future.

http://youtu.be/qym11JnFQBM we have these still no cure for baldness

This is definitely a step forward however, I'm not sure if dermal papilla cells alone transplanted into human tissue will connect with blood vessels, arrector pilli muscle, dermal sheath cup cells and the rest of the tissue in hair follicle. Sure it works in mice but Replicel had over 50% success rate of transplanting dermal sheath cup cells into mice. Not so much on human subjects. Also how good are these dermal papilla cells.

Next they are looking for partnerships meaning they have to seek funding to start this.

I'm not dissing on this just saying that they are at a stage before clinical trials while we could have Histogen and Replicel starting phase 2 this year.

However I welcome the addition. Things are heating up finally. I expect Dr. Lausters team to figure out culturing cells in the next few years as well.

we should crowdfund forthem: https://experiment.com/

"Our next step is to transplant human dermal papilla cells derived from human pluripotent stem cells back into human subjects," said Terskikh. "We are currently seeking partnerships to implement this final step."

Really happy with the statements. Lets hope iPSCs turn out to be a reliable source of DP cells