+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Follica

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Because thats just snubbing the NW4+ men. That's not good enough.
    Nobody's getting snubbed, that's not the point. The point is that one thing is harder and more costly to achieve than the other.

Follica and cots have been silent for a long time now after saying they were close to having something to market. It seems to always be about publicity with him, all talk and no walk. I really don't have any bit of faith left in them.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Nobody's getting snubbed, that's not the point. The point is that one thing is harder and more costly to achieve than the other.
    It is snubbing. You've basically said 'screw the cure, lets release another mediocre treatment' Lets not pretend like we shouldnt have had a full out cure by now already.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    It is snubbing. You've basically said 'screw the cure, lets release another mediocre treatment' Lets not pretend like we shouldnt have had a full out cure by now already.
    No one is arguing that we should have cure by now, I agree with you on that point. However, a widely available topical pgd2 inhibitor treatment to both men and women that is more effective than propecia, would be fantastic. Hair loss would be solved for people dealing with it now, and for everyone who are about to discover they are losing their hair. If you still have some thinning spots, slap on some bimatoprost (hopefully the hype is real) and you're back to a full head of hair.

A cure is the ultimate goal, but you're wrong to think a a new set of better treatments wouldn't be a miracle for millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    No one is arguing that we should have cure by now, I agree with you on that point. However, a widely available topical pgd2 inhibitor treatment to both men and women that is more effective than propecia, would be fantastic. Hair loss would be solved for people dealing with it now, and for everyone who are about to discover they are losing their hair. If you still have some thinning spots, slap on some bimatoprost (hopefully the hype is real) and you're back to a full head of hair.

A cure is the ultimate goal, but you're wrong to think a a new set of better treatments wouldn't be a miracle for millions of people.
    I agree ONLY if it isnt at the expense of effort on a full cure. But hey... its not like anyone cares about mens health anyway, right?

I think its pretty weird how the pgd2/gpr44 approach wasnt followed up on straight away, it looked so promising and rational. Please if anyone is in contact with Dr Garza or Cotsarelis, it would be great to hear an update regarding the pgd2 approach.