+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone on here who has gone prematurely bald still had luck with the ladies?

Im a 19 year old guy who within the past year lost 60% of top hair diffusely, it's a long story but my father passed away and I got a severe case of telogen effluvium that ended up aging the affected follicles...which were well over half up top. Now my family is very military and when a problem comes up we don't screw around, I've seen so many people cling to remaining hair desperately and I decided that wasn't for me, I shaved it, I have a light shadow and with that you can't really notice the thinness. Here's the thing; I understand how this feels life crippling this young, me saying this I don't want anyone to think I'm downplaying the affect this has or what they are going through, but to me I don't mind it much personally, less maintenance, everyone tells me I have a good head shape and it fits on me. (Which is surprising because I'm a skinny white guy, I've got tone but not mass in the muscle department) but the only aspect I worry about, what girls think. If I knew I could still attract and be loved by a beautiful girl in my twenties this wouldn't bug me at all, in fact I'd prefer it to hair at this point. I've never had a legitimate girlfriend, I've had opportunities, but it's something I take very seriously, but looks do factor in, I have to find her attractive and I know it's the same for her, I was always raised to the idea that looks are in fact part of it, yes personality most definitely, but looks are the doorway to that. I'm a very social guy, in highschool everyone loved me besides a few pricks I told to stick it (as you can tell I speak very bluntly) and I took literally the prettiest girl to prom, and she recently told me she likes the shaved head on me. So as long as this doesn't affect my chances of still getting married young to someone who I find attractive I really don't care about the hairloss, my question is will it? I know this forum is for people to discuss their struggle with hairloss so maybe I'm in the wrong place but have any guys who've shaven their heads young still done good with the ladies? It hasn't affected my confidence at all and I want to know if others have gone on to do well? And I'm not looking for a brothel, I only need one girl I find beautiful, so please what are your opinions? Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    Im a 19 year old guy who within the past year lost 60% of top hair diffusely, it's a long story but my father passed away and I got a severe case of telogen effluvium that ended up aging the affected follicles...which were well over half up top. Now my family is very military and when a problem comes up we don't screw around, I've seen so many people cling to remaining hair desperately and I decided that wasn't for me, I shaved it, I have a light shadow and with that you can't really notice the thinness. Here's the thing; I understand how this feels life crippling this young, me saying this I don't want anyone to think I'm downplaying the affect this has or what they are going through, but to me I don't mind it much personally, less maintenance, everyone tells me I have a good head shape and it fits on me. (Which is surprising because I'm a skinny white guy, I've got tone but not mass in the muscle department) but the only aspect I worry about, what girls think. If I knew I could still attract and be loved by a beautiful girl in my twenties this wouldn't bug me at all, in fact I'd prefer it to hair at this point. I've never had a legitimate girlfriend, I've had opportunities, but it's something I take very seriously, but looks do factor in, I have to find her attractive and I know it's the same for her, I was always raised to the idea that looks are in fact part of it, yes personality most definitely, but looks are the doorway to that. I'm a very social guy, in highschool everyone loved me besides a few pricks I told to stick it (as you can tell I speak very bluntly) and I took literally the prettiest girl to prom, and she recently told me she likes the shaved head on me. So as long as this doesn't affect my chances of still getting married young to someone who I find attractive I really don't care about the hairloss, my question is will it? I know this forum is for people to discuss their struggle with hairloss so maybe I'm in the wrong place but have any guys who've shaven their heads young still done good with the ladies? It hasn't affected my confidence at all and I want to know if others have gone on to do well? And I'm not looking for a brothel, I only need one girl I find beautiful, so please what are your opinions? Thanks for your time.
    Sounds to me that women do find you attractive. You said you took the hottest girl to prom and she likes your head....

Hey man I'm here to tell you im living, breathing, walking, fu*king proof that women will still like you and find you attractive. Looking back at pictures I realize I started losing my hair around 16-17. Didn't really notice until 21-22. I'm 23 now, I have a beautiful girlfriend who really digs the look and loves when I shave my head. I wear a cap a lot, but I literally always have since I was a kid. But she prefers me not to, says she loves my bald head and it even turns her on. So, while some guys on this forum may say differently and even some girls too, most women don't care and some even like/love it. Hope this helps, my friend...