+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is the requirement for something like say CB to come out as OTC verses prescription like propecia? It would be nifty if CB was OTC and you could just decide for yourself whether you want to use it or not verses having a doc tell you he doesnt see any hair loss and not prescribe it to you.
    I guess having to go through doctors for cosmetic stuff is just kind of annoying when they dont know a lot about some things like say hair loss. Verses just grabbing some rogaine off the shelf and deciding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    What is the requirement for something like say CB to come out as OTC verses prescription like propecia? It would be nifty if CB was OTC and you could just decide for yourself whether you want to use it or not verses having a doc tell you he doesnt see any hair loss and not prescribe it to you.
    I guess having to go through doctors for cosmetic stuff is just kind of annoying when they dont know a lot about some things like say hair loss. Verses just grabbing some rogaine off the shelf and deciding yourself.
    Couldn't agree more. My primary care doctor actually told me I wasn't balding when I first visited him. Said there was no quarter-sized area of non-hair and that any loss was likely attributable to a combination of stress, diet and hormonal factors. In reality, I'm just a diffuse thinner but his prognosis caused me to delay taking rogaine for a good 6 months. To this day I question his ability as a diagnostician, even though he's probably very good otherwise.

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...eriesfinal.pdf

cb for acne is expected to be on the market in 2018
    cb for alopecia 2021

too much time for me, **** my life

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...eriesfinal.pdf

cb for acne is expected to be on the market in 2018
    cb for alopecia 2021

too much time for me, **** my life
    2021?! LMAO, what a joke. And acne sufferers, with their plethora of options, get priority over hair loss?

Pathetic.

Wow, that's extremely discouraging to see. At least we will know if it works far before then and can get it on the black market though.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Wow, that's extremely discouraging to see. At least we will know if it works far before then and can get it on the black market though.
    This is never going to get released if it's 2021. If SM or Seti is successful, both will be out sooner than 6 years. That's BS launch date, and their comparator was 5% minoxidil.

I was never to high on CB cause it's comparator was minox, but that's just me.

1 down. 3 more options to be looking at - bim, sm, seti

or you can fly to japan in 2018 and have replicel done if you have the money

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    This is never going to get released if it's 2021. If SM or Seti is successful, both will be out sooner than 6 years. That's BS launch date, and their comparator was 5% minoxidil.
    I agree. SM is already in DR phase II and seti doesn't need a phase II and is oral...if either perform well, CB will never make it to the market. I just want to see the POC results so I can know how effective it is and use it until something better is launched. I also ordered some seti, so hopefully it proves to kill this beast.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I agree. SM is already in DR phase II and seti doesn't need a phase II and is oral...if either perform well, CB will never make it to the market. I just want to see the POC results so I can know how effective it is and use it until something better is launched. I also ordered some seti, so hopefully it proves to kill this beast.
    They also expect you to apply it 2X a day. lol yea, it'll never get released.

Eh I think it would be a shame to not see CB come out even if the other stuff comes out. MPB is going to remain a kitchen sink approach for a long time to come and AAs will always have a part there most likely even if other approaches end up working. That being said 2021 is a really long time. I might not care much at that age.
    CB just seems like something that should be released in like a year I mean there is so much safety data on AAs its just like what can take that long to do? Do people really doubt the safety of AAs still especially one that works like CB supposedly does. Cant be more dangerous than propecia if its topical

that is discouraging. im afraid others hairloss drugs like sm may have similar timelines given they are both in ph 2