+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RepliCel have never been specific regarding their Phase II doses, just using general high, medium, low which is a bit annoying. As a publicly trade company they should really explain their goal for using lower doses. Intuitively one would think lower dosage will yield less results.

I suppose their are three possible reasons to use lower doses. 1.) If the yield tapers off similar to Propecia, then they are optimizing the dosage. 2.) If the DSC cells degrade during multiplication, then a lower dosage could provide better yield. The cells would be less "water downed" and of better quality/potency. 3.) If for no other reason, then it is to burn money (pay staff, etc). Considering they have little to burn, they will fold quickly if this is their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Read the thread that talks about it, it's real. and according to the published paper that is linked, this side effect happens in pretty much every bimatoprost user. its not pretty. theres a possibility it might not happen if not used on the eyelid, but the person who was talking about it on that thread experienced it and was using it only on his hairline, and at a much lower concentration.
    bottom line is any drug is going to have unwanted sides. some people seem to be almost immune to nearly all side effects, but I'm not one of them.

as far as replicel is concerned, i know their first trial results very well. they had an average of 11 percent increase after 6 months. that is absolutely nothing cosmetically. their dosage in the phase I trial was a maximum safety dosage, you can find that in their own literature. If they already used a max dose, results are not gonna be better this time around. its comma sense. I contacted replicel about this (they had answered my previous queries), and they did not respond back. My guess is Hall is trying to keep this alive at all costs, and is concentrating on the dosage issue to distract from their piss poor results in phase I. If this ever does get released theres no way its a cure. best case scenario its good for maintenance, though something tells me you'd have to keep getting it every so often.
    Can you post a link saying that was the max safety dosage? I don't see how they would know that without testing in humans. Also 11% is about where fin is at one year if you are a decent responder. Either way this will be better than fin.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    just google bimatoprost and eye swelling. I'm not saying everyone will get that side effect, but a lot probably will, and I tend to get all almost all possible sides with drugs. Not a hypochondriac either, just sensitive.
    I just googled and can't find anything other than it being listed as a possible side effect. I did find this though "Last year, U.S. Marshals seized 12,682 applicator tubes ($2 million worth) of another product, Age Intervention Eyelash, which the FDA said contained bimatoprost that caused swelling of the eyes in some users. (Swelling isn’t listed as a side effect of Latisse, which contains a smaller amount of bimatoprost than Lumigan and isn't placed directly into the eye)." http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...dru-2008-12-29

It's not like eyelid swelling is that uncommon... I've had it a few times over the years related to contacts lenses.

Lumigan was approved for glaucoma, even though it is a low concentration of bimatoprost, I believe there would be more cases of eye swelling. If it was a major issue I don't think it would have been approved. It's even approved for eyelash growth I think this won't be a problem personally. I'm sure it has caused swelling, but I find it interesting that someone rubs it on their head and reports negative eye side effects that have only been reported because it is a drug used for the eye. Placebo effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Lumigan was approved for glaucoma, even though it is a low concentration of bimatoprost, I believe there would be more cases of eye swelling. If it was a major issue I don't think it would have been approved. It's even approved for eyelash growth I think this won't be a problem personally. I'm sure it has caused swelling, but I find it interesting that someone rubs it on their head and reports negative eye side effects that have only been reported because it is a drug used for the eye. Placebo effect?
    I don't think something like eyelid swelling could be placebo effect. But it could be hygiene related, if you rub your eyes after applying it, or rub your head and then put contacts in, etc...