Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Not giving up
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Justinian
    I know a lot about Melanotan so if people have questions I can probably answer it.

There is Melanotan I and II. II is more potent and is the one most commonly used because it is more expensive to achieve the same effect. If somebody just says "Melanotan" they probably mean II.

They were both originally developed to prevent skin cancer. Melanotan II only underwent a few clinical trials, but Melanotan I has underwent many and was just approved (in implant form) for use in Europe for a rare skin disease called EPP (Italy and Switzerland have actually had it approved for several years now). It's called Scenesse if you want to google it. The trials have shown that it is safe with minimal side effects. The most serious side effect may be that it darkens moles, which is a sign of melanoma. This is just correlation and it has not been proven to cause or prevent melanoma in vivo, although research points to it preventing it. There is tons of research pointing to it having benefits other than increased protection from the sun, such as being an anti-inflammatory.
    Okay bud, one question, I've just read that melanotan treats psychogenic ED (basically psychological problems with getting a boner.)
    Fin related ED is the result of hormonal insufficiency (not psychogenic ED.)
    So why would this work for the OP? If what he's taking is only thought to improve the boners of guys with ED triggered by neurological issues and not hormonal ones, then surely the only way this would work is if his Fin related sides were actually all just in his head in the first please?

Comment

• Justinian
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Huckfinn
      Hi Justinian,
      Do you have any more info concerning a possible correlation between Melanotan 2 and hair loss?
      Thanks!
      H.
      There is no connection that I know of. Melanotan 2 can darken hair in high doses, but that's about it.

Comment

• Justinian
        • Sep 2014

Melanotan 2 doesn't just treat ED, it can also give people without ED problems massive boners more or less. I do believe that a lot of fin related sides are in the head (placebo effect). But even if those where it's not, it could theoretically treat the ED problem. It's a different mechanism of action, so it's not that it would fix the hormonal insufficiency as much as "overpower" it and give the user an erection.

Bremelanotide is the peptide that is undergoing trials for ED specifically if you want to google it. It is close to Melanotan 2, but slightly different.

Comment

Working...