25 - losing it - doc seriously against fin - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Angry 25 - losing it - doc seriously against fin

Hi guys,

Im a 25 yr old guy from Europe and I'm losing my hair.

To tell you the full story:

When I was about 17 I started noticing my first grey hairs... People told me if ur getting grey ur not going bald but around my 20s I noticed my hair on the crown was starting to feel different, just like it was "broke".. Now 5 years later its getting real thin.

About 2 years ago I started using using revita shampoo to deal with the itch. Must say I love this shampoo and will continue using this.

In a random visit to the doctor I started talking about hair loss and what I could do about it. His answer was simply "nothing". When I started to talk about fin and he searched what it was (he never heard about it), He told me that he wouldn't prescribe me that in a 1000 years.. The only thing I could use was minox and even that wount do very much...

So here I am.. Heading from an old justin bieber haircut which covered my large forehead to well.. Wearing caps... The sides and back are still thick but it looks like I have overall thinning.. And yes my dad, mother have thinning hair... My dad has a bald crown in combination with grey hair....

In a world where the "perfect selfie" is so important this is really holding me back from enjoying life to the fullest...

Bad habbits: smoking & mc donalds

Hope you guys can deal with my English and I hope there aren't to many faults in it.

Oh btw I'm following this site for almost a year or 2 I guess...

How its now:

If you really want to get on fin then you have no choice then to find another doctor. I had a couple of doctors tell me there was nothing that I could do also. I lost a lot of years and a lot of hair because I listened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If you really want to get on fin then you have no choice then to find another doctor. I had a couple of doctors tell me there was nothing that I could do also. I lost a lot of years and a lot of hair because I listened to them.
    "Really want to".. No... 2 years ago I ordered fincar from inhouse and they are still lying in my closet... I didn't want to take anything that my doctor really doesn't want to presribe, thats just me... Do you think I can improve my current status?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K97 View Post
    "Really want to".. No... 2 years ago I ordered fincar from inhouse and they are still lying in my closet... I didn't want to take anything that my doctor really doesn't want to presribe, thats just me... Do you think I can improve my current status?
    According to an epigenetic study published by Sharon Keene, MD in Arizona, US, cigarette smoking is not good for hair growth. of course there are other more important concerns regarding smoking but evidently cigarettes have a relatively small negative impact upon hair growth. On the other hand coffee drinking is good for your hair. Stopping smoking of course will not save your hair but finasteride has been proven to delay and improve hair growth affected by MPB. Dr. Bernstein has an impressive photo gallery of finasteride-only results... HERE

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by K97 View Post
    That's good. Like I will always say, the decision whether or not to take finasteride is a personal one. If you don't feel comfortable taking it then you should not. With that being said, without it you can only expect your hair to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    That's good. Like I will always say, the decision whether or not to take finasteride is a personal one. If you don't feel comfortable taking it then you should not. With that being said, without it you can only expect your hair to get worse.
    I just don't understand why some doctors do prescribe it and others don't even think about it. If I was sure it isn't going to have a negative influence on my health I would already be on it... Think I'll need to go ask advice from a dermatologist...

This sh*t is really depressing damn...

Could minox help me out? It is especially the crown/top area of my head and heard thats the place were minox does the most...