Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illusion
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by DeuceWillis
    I think you guys think ENTIRELY too fu*king much. And what makes your standards of beauty so right and true? For every "rule" and example of what bald people should look like, there's a guy/girl out there that is the exact opposite and they look FINE. Sometimes even handsome/beautiful. I think you guys all come to this website whining saying "I'm ugly, im bald, society this, opposite sex that, standards of beauty blah blah fuc*ing blah". But the truth is, it's YOU guys who are judging yourselves. YOU guys who are judging others and making people feel bad bc they have a big nose, or a thin neck, or small biceps, or weak jaw lines, etc. Well you know what, if you judge people based off of their looks then FU*K YOU!!! Because it's YOUR fault this "society" is in the shape it's in. Everyone should just accept the way they are and accept others the way they are too.

Yeah there's some truth in this post.

One of the funny/weird things is that before I started balding, I didn't even notice whether others were bald(ing) or not. When I started to go bald, I suddenly saw a lot of bald people, most of who I had known for a long time already. The point I'm trying to make is that society (men at least) does not automatically judge bald people. This could be different though when talking about potentional sexual partners. However, I sometimes see people on this forum say "society hates bald guys". That's simply not true.

Did you guys pay a lot of attention to and/or judge baldness before you started balding?

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Illusion
      Yeah there's some truth in this post.

One of the funny/weird things is that before I started balding, I didn't even notice whether others were bald(ing) or not. When I started to go bald, I suddenly saw a lot of bald people, most of who I had known for a long time already. The point I'm trying to make is that society (men at least) does not automatically judge bald people. This could be different though when talking about potentional sexual partners. However, I sometimes see people on this forum say "society hates bald guys". That's simply not true.

Did you guys pay a lot of attention to and/or judge baldness before you started balding?
      Dude, I agree with you a 100%. I never noticed hair loss until it affected me. I saw balding men as normal, until it affected me. Then I flipped out

Comment

• Joan
        • May 2014

"One of the funny/weird things is that before I started balding, I didn't even notice whether others were bald(ing) or not."

Same here regarding women with hair loss. I never zeroed in on womens' scalps until I started losing hair. Then when my son starting losing his, I began noticing balding men. It's a comparison thing for me. My aunt wore a wig for years, and apparently I was the only one who never knew it, and I even saw her a couple of times without it. I just thought she didn't do her hair yet.

Comment

• noway
          • Jan 2015

I can't believe you guys didn't notice balding men before. Before I was going bald, when I was a kid/teenager I always found bald men funny, especially if they had a bit of weight. The funniest thing was when a bald men was obviously unhappy about being bald. It used to bring this smirk to my face which was part sympathy, part funny, part get over it sort of thing. I don't know, I understood it must suck, but because they looked so funny I could not take their sorrows seriously. Now I think that's how people see me even if they are grown up, but **** them. I posted this to make fun of the women, because I now think that in a weird way we are lucky. Here's why:
          1. Getting over it is so tough it has the potential to turn even the biggest *****-hole into a man, because its pretty serious shit.
          2. We are less likely to end up with a shallow girl and more likely to find a great girl who likes us for who we are.
          3. I think bald men have something similar to the Napoleon complex of short men. That is they work hard to overcompensate so they can still win the mating game. In other words for many it is the main cause they get of their ass and become successful. A disproportionate amount of successful people I know are bald!
          4. Deciding to shave my head at just (JUST!) NW2 made me feel like the dogs bollocks. Sure I would love a cure, but until then I'm the man because I embrace it, "they outnumbered me but I threw punches tool" sort of thing. And **** everyone else.

So there.

Comment

• Illusion
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by noway
            I can't believe you guys didn't notice balding men before. Before I was going bald, when I was a kid/teenager I always found bald men funny, especially if they had a bit of weight. The funniest thing was when a bald men was obviously unhappy about being bald. It used to bring this smirk to my face which was part sympathy, part funny, part get over it sort of thing. I don't know, I understood it must suck, but because they looked so funny I could not take their sorrows seriously.

Yeah, some of us judge people more than others do

Maybe you noticed baldness before, I didn't. Honestly I didn't even pay attention to my dad who has been bald for as long as I've known him (aka my whole life). The bolded part is pretty disgusting though, makes you look like a sad piece of shit. But if you get satisfaction out of seeing other people being unhappy, good for you.

Also, how the **** is a smirk meant in a sympathetic way?

Comment

• TotallyScrewed
              • Jun 2014

I saw norwood 2-4's as normal, but then again, 4's were always in their 40-50s. I noticed when a kid my age (actually a year or two younger, he was 20) was balding, and it creeped me out.

That said, looking back, while I didn't consciously think "balding," I did consciously think "ugly"

Comment

• noway
                • Jan 2015

Also, how the **** is a smirk meant in a sympathetic way?
                Read the whole thing. I said part sympathy, part... A bit like laughing at the guy who slipped on a banana peel and fell on his ass, but not seriously injuring himself. You feel a bit of sympathy but can't take it seriously and can't control your laughter. To answer your question it was a patronizing kind of smirk.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                  • Jun 2013

The bolded part is pretty disgusting though, makes you look like a sad piece of shit. But if you get satisfaction out of seeing other people being unhappy, good for you.
                  I agree 100%. I had a longer reply written up, but it wasn't necessary so I deleted it. Your reply of "disgusting" hit the nail on the head perfectly.

Comment

• Diffuser44
                    • Apr 2014

Positives to what?

Balding?

It doesn't matter if it's positive or not. Your attitude and self image is all that matter.

On a hair loss site you are going to find people that don't like hair loss and haven't learned to live or cope with their fate and genetics. So anything I have to say here will easily dismissed.

Changing your self image is the only true way to accept it in a healthy way.

Comment

• Peeta
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by noway
                      I can't believe you guys didn't notice balding men before. Before I was going bald, when I was a kid/teenager I always found bald men funny, especially if they had a bit of weight. The funniest thing was when a bald men was obviously unhappy about being bald. It used to bring this smirk to my face which was part sympathy, part funny, part get over it sort of thing. I don't know, I understood it must suck, but because they looked so funny I could not take their sorrows seriously. Now I think that's how people see me even if they are grown up, but **** them. I posted this to make fun of the women, because I now think that in a weird way we are lucky.
                      Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Anyways, I've never noticed balding men either when I was younger. I didn't even know/pay attention to hairlines back then. My Dad's been bald for the longest time and I never gave a shiz. Now? The first thing I notice when I meet someone is their hairline. The density of their hair. It's an obsession.

Comment

• vortek
                        • Feb 2015

thank god that hair transplants exist though. Its always a last resort and its getting cheaper every year. I dont even know if Im losing hair yet but If I am I plan to get one before I'm like 25.

Comment

• justhair
                          • May 2013

well ugly is a matter of opinion, but here's a fact:
                          the balding condition proves that there is no God.

peace love & light <3 <3 <3

Comment

• fitnessisgood4u
                            • Aug 2014

It is getting cheaper and one day I hope to get one and I can not wait. I am sure my life will improve and I will get my confidence back.

Comment

• BeaveCake
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Pboy101
                              These extreme views on either side are ridiculous. Yes, having good hair is better than no hair and you should try to keep it if you can. But to seek out and then listen to the extreme views and believe life goes to shyt because there's no hair is quite idiotic.

If Brad Pitt is the perfect 10, then the personality, charisma, confidence, charm, and a crooked smile makes up 7-8 while hair may give the remaining 2-3. Do the best with what you have, where you are, and how you can. Bytching is for bytches.
                              This is truth, I was born with triangular alopecia (fancy slang for Norwood 2-3 ish at birth) all my moms side men had it, I never cared as it was all I knew and nobody ever mocked me for it, at 17 my father passed and medical tests on me put me in a mild shock-where I lost most my top hair on the entire Norwood area 2 out of every 3 hair died they said and no it doesn't come back so at 19 I shaved it bald and yeah some girl aren't into it but honestly I pull it off nicely enough that I hear regular compliments and girls tell me a lot they couldn't imagine me with hair. No it's not sympathy or lies like many of these crazed 'feel sorry for me' types will try to say. Yes it's completely skinhead bald and no I'm not the uber muscular type either I'm a skinny pale white dude, just my face and head shape work well with it, sure with perfect hair I might be a 8-9 rather than a 7 I am now to many girls but I never had perfect hair from birth and thank God because I might be like some of the sad people on here mourning it.

I'm nearly 21 and yeah sometimes I'm self conscious when some drunk frat girl says something but most girls don't care enough to let shaved be a deal breaker and I'm talking 18-20 range in college. If I can get through it many of you grown "men" should try too.

Nothing against you poster, just liked your statement.

Comment

• BeaveCake
                                • Jan 2015

Everyone gets made fun of even attractive people that's part of life, the fact you couldn't get over that shows why you spend days mourning hair on a site as sad as this one, there's a lot of sad people out there who need to realize no hair won't stop them with life or young attractive women.

Comment

Working...