Advice needed for a possible first HST procedure. - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've yet to see any results from HASCI that gave similar results to the one you want to achieve. I've definately seen results from traditional transplants (FUT/FUE) that gave results similar to what you are hoping to achieve, of course that isn't an option due to your easy scarring.

This being purely my personal opinion, I wouldn't go for it, because even with 3 HSTs I feel the results wouldn't give enough coverage/density to achieve what you want.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but if I were you I'd wait 2-3 more years. We have some cool stuff in the pipline like replicel and histogen. Within 2-3 years we'll definately either

a)have them available
    b)be close to having them available
    c)know that the failed and move on

Assuming it works out with histogen or replicel you could then get their treatments, see where youre at and reevaluate what you want to do. go with hst? go with a normal transplant? or maybe histogen/replicel results are good enough without need for surgery etc.

Furthermore, within 2-3 years we should have pilofocus which will almost certainly be able to achieve what hasci does and more and for likely a fraction of the cost.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I think wait another 6 months and see what happens with Pilofocus. Is there a rush?
    Nope definitely not in a rush. Even if I do decide to go for it it won't be before September/October. I'm still a little bit baffled about Pilofocus though. From what I understood from the video, they say there won't be any scar because there going to get hair from underneath. So they'll still to make at least a little cut to go underneath the skin. Guess I have to read a paper about it to really understand how they are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    I would say, to achieve your Jean Dujardiin look, you might need three good procedures... 25.000 to 30.000 euros...

Starting with the front and mid (two sessions) and then crown...

then, if you have the money, go for another fourth or fifth...

When you look at Gerard Joling, I'm pretty sure that with another two sessions, he would look amazing.... for "a meant to be bald" guy.
    Is Gerard Joling supposed to be bald? I don't know the guy but yeah, I think he looks good already. Sure he doesn't have a full head of hair but I think it looks natural.

That's the problem for me though, I could go for two maybe three but not more than that.

LMS Yeah I might have to wait at least for Pilofocus, just to see if that's a better option for me because 30k and probably even more to get a good result from Hst that's a lot of money. At least for me.

I'll also have to read about replicel and histogen now.

Well I wanted to thank you guys for your advices, I've read all the thread about pilofocus and I decided to wait for that until next year. If nothing happens with that or any other scarless surgery, then I'll go for hasci.

I'd do hasci today if I were rich but having to do one every year at least 4, 5 times, it's really too expensive for me.

Thanks again fellas !