Advice needed for a possible first HST procedure. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice needed for a possible first HST procedure.

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for all the infos, update, pictures, advices... you guys left on this forum. I've been reading it for the past two days and I'd gather a lot of information because of you so thank you for that.

I'm still not sure going for a procedure to hasci is going to be possible for me but I gained hope that's at least possible. A little about myself, I'm 30, I've started to lose my hairs in my mid 20's way too soon, way too fast and way too much. And if for some people going bald looks actually great, well unfortunately not for me. I also have a little problem that made me think it wouldn't be possible for me to get ever a HT, I scar very poorly. Every time I get stitches, it leaves me with a big scar. The strip technique and even FUE is not going to be possible for me.

That's why I leaning toward the hasci institute to maybe get a transplant and I'd like to get your opinion if my expectations, the final result I'd like to get is even realistic. So here's a couple of pics of where I am now. I guess I'm a NW6 going 7 right? And the last pics is what I'd like to get. Of course I'd rather have a full head of hair but I know that's not going to happen for me. And if I have to choose, I'd much rather have a thicker density like this than have a good line of hair but no density. The most natural it looks the better it is and I actually think this kind of haircut with this level of hair loss looks really great.

Attachment 37095

Attachment 37096

Attachment 37097

So do you guys think it's even possible to get a result like this with hasci since I've read they aren't the best for the natural look. I also know that their claim about 80% regeneration isn't true but I don't care about that. I have a lot of hair, really thick too so I guess even with 3 intervention my donor area wouldn't look any thinner. All I care is scarless surgery and natural look. Talking about scarless, is it absolutely 100% scarless or is this just almost unnoticeable?

Thank you guys in advance for any advices you can give me,
    Cheers,
    Joachim.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman08 View Post
    Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for all the infos, update, pictures, advices... you guys left on this forum. I've been reading it for the past two days and I'd gather a lot of information because of you so thank you for that.

I'm still not sure going for a procedure to hasci is going to be possible for me but I gained hope that's at least possible. A little about myself, I'm 30, I've started to lose my hairs in my mid 20's way too soon, way too fast and way too much. And if for some people going bald looks actually great, well unfortunately not for me. I also have a little problem that made me think it wouldn't be possible for me to get ever a HT, I scar very poorly. Every time I get stitches, it leaves me with a big scar. The strip technique and even FUE is not going to be possible for me.

That's why I leaning toward the hasci institute to maybe get a transplant and I'd like to get your opinion if my expectations, the final result I'd like to get is even realistic. So here's a couple of pics of where I am now. I guess I'm a NW6 going 7 right? And the last pics is what I'd like to get. Of course I'd rather have a full head of hair but I know that's not going to happen for me. And if I have to choose, I'd much rather have a thicker density like this than have a good line of hair but no density. The most natural it looks the better it is and I actually think this kind of haircut with this level of hair loss looks really great.

Attachment 37095

Attachment 37096

Attachment 37097

So do you guys think it's even possible to get a result like this with hasci since I've read they aren't the best for the natural look. I also know that their claim about 80% regeneration isn't true but I don't care about that. I have a lot of hair, really thick too so I guess even with 3 intervention my donor area wouldn't look any thinner. All I care is scarless surgery and natural look. Talking about scarless, is it absolutely 100% scarless or is this just almost unnoticeable?

Thank you guys in advance for any advices you can give me,
    Cheers,
    Joachim.
    What is your family history of hair loss? Are there Norwood sevens on your dad or mom's side? Gho is a mystery. Personally, I'm very skeptical. If money's not an issue, you might consider hasci. Do us all a favor and post your results here if you do go that route. As an alternative, consider doing a very small FUE test area. Find a doctor that will place ACell mixed with hyaluronic acid in your extraction sites.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

My dad nor my half brothers no. Can't really know about my grand father on my dad's side though since I don't know them. Can't know about my grand father on my mom's side either since he died really young during the war.

Yeah that's what I gather here on Gho and his team. Always a great donor area but not the best in aesthetic and density. If I do go that road of course I'll post some pics here to help others. I'm really not sure yet since yes money is an issue. I really don't mind paying 10000€, even 20 in two times would be ok. More I don't want to.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to read and check the work of docs using ACell mixed with hyaluronic. First time I've heard of it. I've also seen the video about Pilofocus technique, might have to wait for that.

In your opinion, roughly how many hair/graft would be needed to get that kind of result?

In your opinion, roughly how many hair/graft would be needed to get that kind of result?
    It's difficult to tell from the photos. Could you take some additional photos and post them? Your hair appears fine in the pics but it's difficult to tell for sure. If you are headed toward a Norwood seven, the best result available with current medical technology would be a very conservative framing of the face in the frontal area with density gradually fading toward the crown. Donor hair caliber and density play a huge role in the appearance of a patient's result. You don't want to ever have to deal with scars. In your case if you are a suitable candidate for hair transplant surgery, be sure to go with a doctor who knows how to produce a natural appearing result. There's a lot more to producing a natural result than one might think.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Attachment 37098

Attachment 37099

Attachment 37100

Attachment 37101

Here's a few other pics that are much better I think. I might be wrong on my scale of NW but if I still have hair on the top of my head, you can see that my hair are thinning every where but on the crown.

What are you currently using to help keep hair loss under control?

Nothing, I've never taken any drugs for anything at least since I'm 18 and I really don't feel like starting now.

Nothing, I've never taken any drugs for anything at least since I'm 18 and I really don't feel like starting now.
    I think wait another 6 months and see what happens with Pilofocus. Is there a rush?

Well I think the best way for me to get answer is to get a rdv with them directly. Just for those of you who went to hasci, which surgeon would you advice?

I would say, to achieve your Jean Dujardiin look, you might need three good procedures... 25.000 to 30.000 euros...

Starting with the front and mid (two sessions) and then crown...

then, if you have the money, go for another fourth or fifth...

When you look at Gerard Joling, I'm pretty sure that with another two sessions, he would look amazing.... for "a meant to be bald" guy.