+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default A plea to the community

I've been a part of the different hair loss forums for 4 years now, but I have done so in a mainly lurking fashion for 1 specific reason. That reason is the nonstop self-loathing and whining that takes place in these forums.

I have never ever came across a community with more bitching and whining in my life and I have been through suicidal depression and anxiety, so I've seen a lot of whining people in my life. Hairloss brings out the most pathetic side of any man ever and it is hurting our cause.

People complain all the time that "oh they only test this on mice!"
    Please tell me, why do you think that is? Do you think it is some cruel joke they play on us? NO, it's because the body is infinitely complex and these compounds are barely understood at all. For all we know most of it could give you cancer and kill you. Even propecia turned out to induce suicidal thoughts in people and for others remove their libido AND make their nerves dysfunctional. Minoxidil cause inhibition of collagen, giving you wrinkles. Bimatoprost eats up subcutaneous fat in 100% of patients (yes 100%). And these are drugs that have been tested for decades and approved. Of course they have to follow the ****ing procedures, they are in place for a reason.

If you want people to take untested drugs in a desperate hope to revive their follicles, well that's why you exist. That is 100% on you. No sane or moral person would ever do a study in such a manner. So stop ****ing complaining about this. It makes the hair loss community look retarded beyond belief.

Yes it sucks that we were dealt this card, I started losing my hair at 18, I know how much it ****ing sucks. But this non-stop atmosphere of self-pity just makes people like myself and others to quit contributing. Hell I had to join a secret closed forum just to get away from all this ****ery.

There is nothing special about hair loss, people get cancer, people get heart attacks, people get chronic pain, people get suicidal depression... This is what existence in a biological body in a universe that is extremely inhospitable to life is like. Accept it and stop whining about it. Nothing is fair.

Even on a cosmetic level there is nothing unique about hair loss, I keep hearing idiots complaining that "no one is using money on researching this", are you ****ing stupid? There are billions of dollars being poured into this, whoever can provide a really succesful hair regrowth treatment is looking at the single biggest cosmetic revenue in history. This idea that they aren't trying hard enough is just silly shit .There are hundreds of research labs dedicated to this throughout the world, but in the real world 99% of compounds turn out to be ineffective or have very shitty side effects.

Take a look at wrinkles, this is another GIGANTIC market (pretty much 100% of women and if we're honest, most men would like to avoid them too). Yet there is still no satisfactory treatment for wrinkles. There are slightly effective ones; retin-a, DMAE, vitamin c serums, dermarolling, copper peptides and so on, just like there is bimatoprost, minoxidil, propecia, redensyl, dermarolling etc. for hair loss. And just as in wrinkles you have more extensive treatments like botox or facelift, you have FUE for men. Again there is nothing special about this, but if you go to a forum dedicated to skincare you will see a thriving atmosphere of encouragement and good times, this drives the userbase up which profits everyone as they share experiences and results.

Last but not least, stop waiting for this magic bullet. It's not happening anytime soon, so stop worrying about it. You still have options. Anyone that combines eating MSM, Vit D3 and Biotin with dermarolling, laser, minoxidil + azelaic acid, propecia, bimatoprost, redensyl, nizoral and aminxil *will* see results and halt their hairloss. Is it expensive and bothersome? Yes, but if you're this dedicated, you have the option. And if it's bothering you enough to the point where you spend HOURS daily on this website whining and hating the world while letting the grains of sand run out in your hourglas, well then get a ****ing hair transplant and move on with your life.

*cough* hellouser *cough*

Hell yes and thank you for this glorious post I feel the exact same way. Most of this has led me to cease to post myself, and just check in periodically for information.

All the best man!

G

useless thread

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    useless thread
    Yeah it's useless but he certainly has a point. Some people take hairloss WAY too seriously, like they've just been told by their doctor they have some agressive form of leukemia and will die in 2 months. People should put it a bit more in perspective. This thread wont help though. But he has a point.

You're creating negative atmosphere now. Who tell you no effective treatment will come soon? How do you know? What we know is Replicel and Histogen are in progress. For Bim, eating fat is a side effect which few people will concern, it's a mild side I would say.

I'm with ya hairetique. Life's short, enjoy the ride. We'll have our hair back one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    You're creating negative atmosphere now. Who tell you no effective treatment will come soon? How do you know? What we know is Replicel and Histogen are in progress. For Bim, eating fat is a side effect which few people will concern, it's a mild side I would say.
    This forum is a contagion of negativity and suffering for the most part, at least his post isn't adding to the same circle jerk but rather illuminating on the one thing that can be changed today for a better life tomorrow and that is our perception of our self and the issue of hair loss. Though in a rather rough way, granted.

This post is a nice change of pace. It seems to me that the fundamental issue on these forums is that there are two different types of posters. There are those that are somewhat grounded in reality, who would very much like a "cure" but are still capable of regularly acknowledging that reality exists outside of their field of desires and that there are many factors that do not necessarily work in their favor (the complicated nature of treating hair loss, the fundamentally difficult nature of drug development, etc.) as well as being able to acknowledge (and this is very important) that there are many issues involved that they fundamentally don't know that much about, because they are not scientists and are not experts in the drug development process.

And then there are those that also want a treatment, but for some reason are blinded by their desire and confuse the fact that they may want something or think a certain course of events seems reasonable with what is actually happening (Ex.: "It seems to me like baldness should be reversible; therefore it will be"; "drug testing seems to me like it should only take six months; therefore, that's how long it will take"). This second type of poster often turns into a total dick very quickly when their very subjective and unjustified claims are challenged with actual evidence or just minimally logical standards.

I think each type of poster probably would like a cure very much, but I don't know what the ultimate factors are that would make an individual one or the other. It's an open forum so posters of both types are obviously free to participate, but I for one really wish there were more of the first type on this particular forum.

this thread is stupid and again filled with assumptions. in my opinion there are really 2 types of members: people that base their posts on evidence and people that assume.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    this thread is stupid and again filled with assumptions. in my opinion there are really 2 types of members: people that base their posts on evidence and people that assume.
    And the evidence is that no matter how 'positive' you try to be, it doesn't change society's treatment of bald men as trash.

You know what will fix this? HAIR. And nothing else.