+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hairetique View Post
    Thankfully you are in the minority. The majority clearly felt that I hit the nail on it's head and want a change of tone in this forum.

Now to adress your baseless ad hominem: I actually have NW 3 widow peak style. The absolute worst kind of hairloss you can suffer as it is 100% impossible to cover or hide and the hardest place to regrow your hair. Like I said: is started losing it at 18, actually I think I started losing it at 16, but it was only noticable when I was 18. And also: I know what suicidal depression is like, I know what being crippled by ones own brain is like and I got scars to prove it.

My entire point here is that people like yourself are throwing away your life and ruining the atmosphere for everyone. Nearly all the good experimental solutions are the result of the community coming together and sharing experiences, doing group buys, collecting info and comparing conclusions. A lot of these people abandoned these public forums for private locked ones, partially due to this negative atmosphere and you are insta-banned if you start whining like that in those forums.

You are in great need of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy when the first response you have to such a post is that: "This is simply too rational, noone that suffers real hairloss could use common sense"
    That's quite a judgment to make, that I am throwing away my life, considering that you don't even know me at all. Just the same as saying people like myself are ruining the forum considering that I've been on here for about 4 years and you only have like 2 posts. How would you know that I am ruining the forum? No one ever said that to me before on here.

So you're an NW3, big deal. It surely isn't the worst hair loss possible. I know plenty of people who are NW3 and are able to cover it up with different hairstyles. I'd like to see some one who is actually an NW6 (who has much worse hair loss than you do) speak the words that you speak. At least they'd have more credibility in that they practice what they preach. Comparing simple hairline recession to complete hair loss is like comparing night to day.

I have no idea what you are even trying to say with that last paragraph. But Spencer has often stated that people who do not suffer from hair loss simply cannot understand the devastation that it causes. Similarly, I believe that those who suffer from minimal hair loss cannot understand what life is like for those who suffer from NW6-type hair loss. Thankfully I am not close to NW6 yet but with the rapid rate that my hair loss previously had, coupled with the side effects that I incurred from finasteride, I am afraid that I am headed there.

Whatever though, I'm not gonna get into a pissing match or debate this any further.

One last thing though: If you have suffered from depression and suicidal impulses, I totally sympathize with you. I know people who suffer similarly and I try to be there for them as much as I can. I've even confided in one of them the issues that I have with hair loss and he has been very receptive and sympathetic. Oftentimes the people who suffer from the most pain tend to be the most empathetic to those who are experiencing hardship in life. Although some people do clinically and/or genetically suffer from depression and a variety of mental health issues, other otherwise-healthy people are driven towards suicide as a result of specific happenstances in their own lives. I am not saying hair loss has driven me towards suicide at all (it hasn't), but I am pretty sure that it has had that effect on others. Spencer even brought up this very issue on his radio show a few months back.
    Last edited by DepressedByHairLoss; 01-19-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    One last thing though: If you have suffered from depression and suicidal impulses, I totally sympathize with you. I know people who suffer similarly and I try to be there for them as much as I can. I've even confided in one of them the issues that I have with hair loss and he has been very receptive and sympathetic. Oftentimes the people who suffer from the most pain tend to be the most empathetic to those who are experiencing hardship in life. Although some people do clinically and/or genetically suffer from depression and a variety of mental health issues, other otherwise-healthy people are driven towards suicide as a result of specific happenstances in their own lives. I am not saying hair loss has driven me towards suicide at all (it hasn't), but I am pretty sure that it has had that effect on others. Spencer even brought up this very issue on his radio show a few months back.
    backed hard. how one perceive himself is one BIG problem that if you're Young will destabilize your person and those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairetique View Post
    I never said no effective treatment will come, on the contrary I am saying the opposite. What I am saying is that people need to accept that when these treatments come, none of them will be a magic bullet. We'll still have to pull together and collaborate if we want the best results possible, this wont happen in this sort of negative environment at all.

And you are completely wrong about the subcutaneous fat side effect being something most people wont care about. The subcutaneous fat is the main reason you don't look like you are 90 years old. Here is someone who applied bimatoprost, 0.03% solution (hairloss treatment will be a lot more potent) http://www.e-igr.com/GO/images/144_GO_figure1a.jpg this is seen in pretty much everyone that uses this for even as little as a month.
    Sorry to have misunderstood you. But if your photo is the case of Bim, it would not have been tested for commercialization, and phase 1 trial didn't show this side effect, even in phase 2 now this still havent been heard, unless Spencer concealed that. I dunno where's your source from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Sorry to have misunderstood you. But if your photo is the case of Bim, it would not have been tested for commercialization, and phase 1 trial didn't show this side effect, even in phase 2 now this still havent been heard, unless Spencer concealed that. I dunno where's your source from.
    redness, swelling and blurred vision are indicated as side effects of the drug. As someone who has experimented with 0.03% in the hairline and experienced these effects, I can tell you they are very real and very unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    redness, swelling and blurred vision are indicated as side effects of the drug. As someone who has experimented with 0.03% in the hairline and experienced these effects, I can tell you they are very real and very unpleasant.
    Then with worse side effects than Minox, what's its selling point if it doesnt outperform Minox? I really hope the result to be released right now!

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that :/ Did your sides go away when you stopped using it?

@OP well yeah sure I've been telling others and myself too that hair loss shouldn't be this big of a deal as we make it and that there's life after you're bald, but it's not really easy to follow through with that when you literally hear people say "bald people are ugly" or "bald people are scary". I too have still decent hair but hearing others say that bald people are not attractive doesn't make the future to appealing for me. It especially hurts when peers are saying things like this. Ofcourse not everyone will be like this but especially when you're young, I assume (yes I assume this, I don't know this for sure) there are a lot of people who are going to find it weird that someone is bald as they are still young and supposedly in the prime (which also implies prime as in looks) of their lives.

And yeah, some people (me included) spend too much time on this forum or on other hair loss forums instead of living their lives. Some people complain too much, you're also right about that. But that's just a way of dealing with the problem. Also, I can almost guarantee that the same group that complains a lot ("they only test treatments on mice !1!!") is a group filled with people that are heavily depressed about they're hair loss (no not everyone on this forum is heavily depressed about their hair loss) and as we all know (I guess?), a depressed thought proces is a thought proces that makes a lot of, usually bad, assumptions and makes it harder for someone to think clearly and rationally. I think that this leads to things like "I'd rather have cancer than hair loss"being said.

I tend to agree with the message you're trying to bring across but the point is that it's REALLY hard to change this thinking if it's already deeply rooted in you. I try to do my best but it's just so fvcking hard and everytime I hear someone say something negative about bald people, my mind goes back to the negative thinking and it feels like I'm at start again. Therefore I think your post is not going to achieve a lot. The people who think like you just see this as a confirmation of what they already thought (but they were already thinking like this) and the people who disagree with you are probably not going to suddenly make the switch and think that you're right about this (because it's hard as fvck).

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post

I am sorry to say, but this is very well documented: http://eyewiki.aao.org/Prostaglandin...eriorbitopathy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that :/ Did your sides go away when you stopped using it?
    Yeah, my sides went away pretty quickly after I stopped using. It took a couple days, though. Whole thing kind of freaked me out a bit. I wasn't putting it anywhere near my eye, so I didn't put two and two together for quite a while. Was walking around with swollen eyelids and blurred vision in my one eye for a week or two before it dawned on me. Checked the list of side effects and there they were. Sucks!

I'll still look at this if/when it gets released. Maybe with a different vehicle they won't get the eye effects as much.

If that's the case then Bim should not even considered to be used. The eyes in the pics are much uglier than baldness.