Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon007
    • Jan 2015

taking Avodart for a month and loosing more hair then with Propecia

i used Propecia for 12 months, 2nd day on Propecia noticed in the morning less hair falling on the sink and then by 3rd morning almost no hair was on the sink. unlike before Propecia where i used to count more then ten pieces of hair on the sink.

that was the main reason that stayed with Propecia for so long, but after a full year noticed that started loosing more hair and also didnt get any hair back, so decided to take Avodart.

i been on Avodart for more then a month, many people say this is much stronger then Propecia (and i concluded the same from research), but i'm still loosing hair, and not like with Propecia where hair stopped falling in few days.

i dont know if this is common but for something that strong this is shouldn't happen,
    i want to keep going with Avodart but im afraid that this is will get worse.

does anyone experienced the same as me but decided to keep using Avodart and things got batter?

please help as i dont know what to do anymore
  • FFS
    • Dec 2014

Im in the same position as you bro Fin didn't work for me either im now on Dut for 2 months , I would say if you're still worried consider a topical AA like RU58841 that way your fighting this war on two fronts. It could just be a shed though so re-evaluate at six months .

Comment

• Aphrodite
      • Feb 2014

Neither of these two medications will cause the regrowth of hair. They simply maintain your current amount of hair. For this reason, it's always best to begin using these treatments at the first signs of hair loss. If your treatment regimen doesn't already include minoxidil and nizoral, I would recommend adding them to your daily regimen as well. Other treatments that may prove beneficial are the laser cap and dermarolling.

*Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Comment

• Simon007
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Aphrodite
        Neither of these two medications will cause the regrowth of hair. They simply maintain your current amount of hair. For this reason, it's always best to begin using these treatments at the first signs of hair loss. If your treatment regimen doesn't already include minoxidil and nizoral, I would recommend adding them to your daily regimen as well. Other treatments that may prove beneficial are the laser cap and dermarolling.

*Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.
        what are those two meds will help ?
        Propecia and Avodart?
        if so then what do you think about the FDA trails that concluded that the subjects on Avodart gained 90 hairs in six months

Comment

• Simon007
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FFS
          Im in the same position as you bro Fin didn't work for me either im now on Dut for 2 months , I would say if you're still worried consider a topical AA like RU58841 that way your fighting this war on two fronts. It could just be a shed though so re-evaluate at six months .
          i heard of "RU58841" in some YouTube channel,
          any recommendations where to get it online?
          how do you mix it?

Comment

• FFS
            • Dec 2014

You can get it from Anageninc or the Kane shop . Buy the raw powder and mix yourself for best results

Comment

• Simon007
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FFS
              You can get it from Anageninc or the Kane shop . Buy the raw powder and mix yourself for best results
              nice thanks
              are you using it
              any results so far

i dont know much about it, have to do some research

Comment

• Simon007
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Simon007
                i used Propecia for 12 months, 2nd day on Propecia noticed in the morning less hair falling on the sink and then by 3rd morning almost no hair was on the sink. unlike before Propecia where i used to count more then ten pieces of hair on the sink.

that was the main reason that stayed with Propecia for so long, but after a full year noticed that started loosing more hair and also didnt get any hair back, so decided to take Avodart.

i been on Avodart for more then a month, many people say this is much stronger then Propecia (and i concluded the same from research), but i'm still loosing hair, and not like with Propecia where hair stopped falling in few days.

i dont know if this is common but for something that strong this is shouldn't happen,
                i want to keep going with Avodart but im afraid that this is will get worse.

does anyone experienced the same as me but decided to keep using Avodart and things got batter?

please help as i dont know what to do anymore
                so guys heres an update after about 3months on Avodart
                i can say that the morning hair loss has dropped by about 90%, yes its not a typo
                now i might count 1-3 pieces on the sink in the morning
                i also lowered the amount of times that wash my hair, i think no matter how good the shampoo for hair lost its a natural process to loss more hair in the shower (mostly due to the water that drys the scalp).
                but i got a new shampoo against hair loss and now looking into RU58841

good luck guys

Comment

• robincurtz
                  • Jan 2015

same thing happend to me.but the shedding u are seeing are those hair that already has died.after the falling out of those hair u will again see stabilization.but as soon as u will again switch to propecia,u will see massive shedding......

Comment

• Aonyx262
                    • Aug 2014

I've been on Avodart (GSK) for about 3 months... and 6 months of Finasteride (Generic) and I've started to see my crown thickening up. It didn't do anything for the first month or two, but in the past two weeks it seems that it has really gotten better. I can almost go out without any Caboki if I style my hair a certain way, which would have been impossible before no matter what way I styled it. The front has improved slightly... the hair behind my hairline has been able to grow in. Its possible my temples have improved slightly, but it's hard to say at this point for sure.

Comment

• FFS
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Aonyx262
                      I've been on Avodart (GSK) for about 3 months... and 6 months of Finasteride (Generic) and I've started to see my crown thickening up. It didn't do anything for the first month or two, but in the past two weeks it seems that it has really gotten better. I can almost go out without any Caboki if I style my hair a certain way, which would have been impossible before no matter what way I styled it. The front has improved slightly... the hair behind my hairline has been able to grow in. Its possible my temples have improved slightly, but it's hard to say at this point for sure.
                      Ive been on it 3 months too except my front has lost most of its density its almost non existant now and my forehead is way bigger. What are the chances for recovery? I thought this medicine was supposed to stop hair loss.

Comment

• Aonyx262
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by FFS
                        Ive been on it 3 months too except my front has lost most of its density its almost non existant now and my forehead is way bigger. What are the chances for recovery? I thought this medicine was supposed to stop hair loss.
                        Well, it varies from person to person. Like, propecia it can take over a year for the full effect. It also depends on the cycle of your hair. Initially, I felt like my crown was getting worse, then it started getting better. I would stick with it unless you're having any side effects.

Comment

• Sanchez123
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by FFS
                          Hi man, how did it turn out?

Comment

• Sanchez123
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by FFS
                            Hi man, how did it turn out?

Comment

• osom
                              • May 2017

avodart

i have come to hear that dutasteride is approved as an androgenetic hair loss treatment in Korea and maybe Japan ? HOWEVER, has anyone seen an actual leaflet stating this ?!

Comment

Working...