+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dutasteride success after Finasteride failure?

I was just wandering if anyone had success with Dutasteride after not responding to Finasteride.

I've been on Finasteride for almost 12 months and my hair has significantly thinned diffusely, so I've decided to jump to Dutastride.

The success stories I've read tend to be from those who initially responded to Finasteride and switched once it's effects began to wane or started on Dut, bypassing Fin altogether.

I'm just a bit concerned that as I didn't respond to Fin at all, I shouldn't be too optimistic about Dut.

Thanks in advance for your input.

There is a certain genotype that does not respond at all to fin and 1-2 that respond but very weakly. Hopefully you are one of them cause for dut you will respond!

*by 'respond' i mean fin does not sufficiently inhibit DHT in some (there is even a genotype where dut suppresses more 5ar2 than fin!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dispare View Post
    I was just wandering if anyone had success with Dutasteride after not responding to Finasteride.

I've been on Finasteride for almost 12 months and my hair has significantly thinned diffusely, so I've decided to jump to Dutastride.

The success stories I've read tend to be from those who initially responded to Finasteride and switched once it's effects began to wane or started on Dut, bypassing Fin altogether.

I'm just a bit concerned that as I didn't respond to Fin at all, I shouldn't be too optimistic about Dut.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    I'll let you know man, had the same issue where FIN was not doing anything and/or just slowing the process, I maintained roughly the same frame of hair(NW3) but thinned considerably since starting on FIN.

switched to DUT in mid-november, so going on two months, not much shedding or anything since switching and this stuff is more powerful so I only take it 1-2 times a week(stays in your system for 3 weeks as opposed to 2 days on fin)

hopefully I stabalize on DUT, dont expect growth at all with my aggressive hairloss, however I can dream that something like BIM will come out soon and I start gaining ground again, but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'll let you know man, had the same issue where FIN was not doing anything and/or just slowing the process, I maintained roughly the same frame of hair(NW3) but thinned considerably since starting on FIN.

switched to DUT in mid-november, so going on two months, not much shedding or anything since switching and this stuff is more powerful so I only take it 1-2 times a week(stays in your system for 3 weeks as opposed to 2 days on fin)

hopefully I stabalize on DUT, dont expect growth at all with my aggressive hairloss, however I can dream that something like BIM will come out soon and I start gaining ground again, but we'll see
    Hi
    what amount of Avodart are you taking? i been on .5mg for more then a month and still losing hair, unlike with Propecia where noticed less hair shedding on the 2nd day

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    There is a certain genotype that does not respond at all to fin and 1-2 that respond but very weakly. Hopefully you are one of them cause for dut you will respond!

*by 'respond' i mean fin does not sufficiently inhibit DHT in some (there is even a genotype where dut suppresses more 5ar2 than fin!)
    Thanks Dan.

I hope I do, as it's my last resort.

Fingers crossed that I can post a success story on here in 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

I hope it work it out for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Seems like we are in exactly the same position.

My biggest concern is that with the extent of my thinning I won't be able to get a decent HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispare View Post
    I hope it work it out for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Seems like we are in exactly the same position.

My biggest concern is that with the extent of my thinning I won't be able to get a decent HT.
    That's my #1 issue, not that i'm convinced of getting a HT, it's just that it's literally not an option right now after asking some reputable peole and going on some HT forums(just sent in an online consult) essentially being a diffuse NW2-3 at under 25 makes you a very poor candidate.

Which is why If I stabalize it hopefully I can actually have an HT as an option within a year or two. But I have no idea if DUTs working yet, only been 2.5 months or so.

I took fin for almost a year and lost a riduclous amount of hair, im now 2.5 months into Dut and think im hitting a pretty heavy shed now which is scary my hair is getting worse by the week and im not exaggerating at all!!. How can I tell if this is a healthy shed where hair is getting pushed out to grow later or rapid continual loss? I was a healthy nw2 a year ago now im below nw3 and I have no idea what happened. : (

I'm curious to see how this pans out for you. You say that you've thinned significantly over the last year, did it seem to escalate shortly after starting Finasteride? A few months after starting Fin my hair loss seemed to speed up, just wondering if Dut is a good idea for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon007 View Post
    Hi
    what amount of Avodart are you taking? i been on .5mg for more then a month and still losing hair, unlike with Propecia where noticed less hair shedding on the 2nd day
    Not possible, just a coincidence that you didn't notice it.