+ Reply to Thread

Default 2 years after hair transplant...hair STILL not growing?

any idea why and how ? i guess the poor guy who "operated" me was a butcher in disguise?

seriously tho, i see the bulbs but the hair arent coming out for some reason. i'm not taking finaste-shit/minoxi-dumb anymore,but the situation was the same when i was using them.

any advice would do,thanks

Hi Alex 88.. sorry to hear about your bad hair transplant. I can't say that has happened to me but I can imagine how you feel as I would be upset too. Before I decided to attempt my hair regrowth I looked into several different technologies (techniques might be a better word - I'm not a doctor), and the one that caught my eye the most was PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). After visiting the facility and the Doctor, watching some heavy hitters in the industry rave about it's potential I plucked down the money and had my first of three procedures done about 8 weeks back. From what I know about PRP it's wound healing and allows for the follicles to rapidly regenerate (or something close to that). After this 8 weeks I have to say I am experiencing robust hair regrowth in areas of my head that haven't had follicles since my 30's. While I kinda knew that I could feel them, my wife, child and some friends were like "what did you do". That was when I really got excited so this week when I went back to National Hair Centers (They're located in Phoenix, AZ) and spoke to Dr. Cole about the next procedure, he then conducted a proscope and he was like "wow!!" you are really growing hair! He also indicated that my hair pigmentation was darker (as I had noticed too). It seems that PRP has a potential positive side affect of bringing hair back to close to what it was in color when younger. I mean, my hair is almost as dark as it was when I was in my 20's.. so cool!

So Alex, my experience has been fantastic, 5 star really and what happened to you isn't the norm. It can't be as the hair restoration business is too big for that to happen really (from my point of view). Give it another chance, research your options and choose a doctor with has proven reviews (that's what I did).

How long are the results from PRP suppose to last? How much did you pay for the procedure?

well thanks to both replies,i really appreciate it

to be fair anyhow i had the impression that the Doctor in question pretty much leaved me to his kids - he said they were as skillful as him and well because he had "other things to do" :/ talking about being a professional. One of them,a young girl with like 30 or so years was literally pushing the grafts inside my head with fingers,at one point. I don't know what to think.
    the hair that the Doc. implanted has grown (they are darker and healthier than others) but the others degenerated out fast and were coming out in pimples,and generally those who remained look weaker in comparison. Density is not even worth mentioning since i've been balding even after the transplant and i'm pretty much returned to the main situation with scars and two bald spots (top and back) growing larger and larger. I cant' even say anymore what level in the norwood scale i am but the biggest problem is that,if i move the transplanted hair that grows,i see others bulbs but they don't grow. They are here,mocking me.
    If look back at it i'm sure he didnt implanted the 2800 something hair he claimed of having done in two days . Whatever! i'm doing another transplant but not with him anymore

Do you guys if is a problem doing a smp and then a fue hair transplant and not vice versa? i'd do more likely the first to wait more patiently to get the cash for another hair transplant

ps. i did PRP sort of.... didnt work out. I'm 27,look like 55.... yada yada yada. You know how it goes

http://baldingblog.com/2012/09/11/ha...s-to-not-grow/

read this. i think is ALL of this is what occurred to me. if not all,well a good 95%

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    How long are the results from PRP suppose to last? How much did you pay for the procedure?
    if it is what i've done is like a couple of months,1000$ for each fill. I did like three,then i lost my job and i had 0 results,go figure
    I'm curious to hear malquist1 history as well

Well, I don't know what to say because I KNOW whatever I say won't do you any good or lessen your pains. But I still want to say I feel your pains. I have spent the last 15 years going through one HT after the other totaling 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts (although my first HT was a small one and that's why I don't mention it sometimes) and spent over $22,000 and not I'm back to Norwood 2 1/2 almost. My transplanted hair would only last 1-3 years and then starts falling out again. I'm at loss for words as I don't think there's a word that can describe my anger, sadness and misery I live in. Something I learned when I was a 10 year old boy - some people are born to suffer until they die. The other thing, life is NOT fair.
    I don't know what else to say because like I said, nothing I will say will make things any easier for you. It's been exactly a year since my hair from my last HT started falling and the hell I'm going through hasn't got any easier. I've been like a shell of a human being this last year barely alive.

It sounds like you were operated on by an incompetent butcher who did a crappy job on you and that's why the hair hasn't grown out. I'm not sure if you did your work in trying to find a good doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Well, I don't know what to say because I KNOW whatever I say won't do you any good or lessen your pains. But I still want to say I feel your pains. I have spent the last 15 years going through one HT after the other totaling 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts (although my first HT was a small one and that's why I don't mention it sometimes) and spent over $22,000 and not I'm back to Norwood 2 1/2 almost. My transplanted hair would only last 1-3 years and then starts falling out again. I'm at loss for words as I don't think there's a word that can describe my anger, sadness and misery I live in. Something I learned when I was a 10 year old boy - some people are born to suffer until they die. The other thing, life is NOT fair.
    I don't know what else to say because like I said, nothing I will say will make things any easier for you. It's been exactly a year since my hair from my last HT started falling and the hell I'm going through hasn't got any easier. I've been like a shell of a human being this last year barely alive.

It sounds like you were operated on by an incompetent butcher who did a crappy job on you and that's why the hair hasn't grown out. I'm not sure if you did your work in trying to find a good doctor.
    currently the doctor who operated on me was suggested by a dermatologist with whom he works, the last of which has a certain reputation. Now ..... the doctor does not operate directly on the patient I can accept it, but to extract the bulbs and destroy them because for lack of time the team fails to graft them seem blasphemous. And I dont care if I returned me some of the money, the damage remains.
    AnywayThank you for understanding
    Sorry about your experience and how you feel, but as you rightly said, life is not fair. How are your scars? is something that can be hidden with the micropigmentation or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    currently the doctor who operated on me was suggested by a dermatologist with whom he works, the last of which has a certain reputation. Now ..... the doctor does not operate directly on the patient I can accept it, but to extract the bulbs and destroy them because for lack of time the team fails to graft them seem blasphemous. And I dont care if I returned me some of the money, the damage remains.
    AnywayThank you for understanding
    Sorry about your experience and how you feel, but as you rightly said, life is not fair. How are your scars? is something that can be hidden with the micropigmentation or not?
    Sorry. I don't come here much at all and I don't read the email notifications. Anyway, I think these two guys work together (and profit from doing business with each other). Most people, I say, have no integrity when it comes to making profits.

Yes. Unfortunately many many men have been disfigured by these so-called "doctors" and have had their lives ruined and the govt. even in places like the US or Europe don't aren't doing much at all to go after these butchers.

I don't know about my scars because my hair in the back is covering them. I don't actually know what they look like but I see a pink line if I look for it. I have enough hair to cover the scars in the back but I'm worried about the transplanted hair that I keep losing and don't know what the hell I'm going to do if I lose it all.
    I know life has never been fair to me. Maybe someday I can accept that I'm no different than an inmate who's serving a life sentence who will need to accept his fate of never being outside of his prison walls.

Hey sorry about that, I would visit the doctor and discuss this matter