+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default For Jotronic: I'm taking the plunge for a FUE as a Norwood 7... :)

Hi Jotronic,

I am so grateful that you are on this forum. You are the voice of truth aside from Dr. Kobren himself.

I am a Norwood 7, and I was considering getting something to frame the face. Of course, I would have to take financing options to be able to pay it back little by little. But overall, I'd say it would be worth the investment, if it meant i'd have better self esteem and be able to get a real job.

I live near UMD, Maryland, USA. And I don't mind traveling, but who do you think does amazing recipient work. The thing is I want really natural looking recipient, and FUE so incase I decide to cut it to a #1, it will look okay.

Thanks!!!!

I will finally be able to move on with life, and get a real job!

FlightTL,

Wow, thank you for your kind words. I have to ask, what do you consider a "natural looking recipient"? I ask because some guys think high density = naturalness while others think that any sort of fuzz in the front will do. So what is it that you think represents natural? You mentioned what you think about having to buzz to a #1 but what about before? How do you want to wear it, styles/length/etc.?
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    FlightTL,

Wow, thank you for your kind words. I have to ask, what do you consider a "natural looking recipient"? I ask because some guys think high density = naturalness while others think that any sort of fuzz in the front will do. So what is it that you think represents natural? You mentioned what you think about having to buzz to a #1 but what about before? How do you want to wear it, styles/length/etc.?
    So grateful for your response.

By, natural, I mean that no-one will be able to tell it's a transplant, from close or afar. I am okay with thin to medium coverage, just so long as my head is not completely bald. I would like something to give the frontal third to frontal half some light to medium light coverage, just so that a framing can happen.

I would like to keep it short year around. #3 all over. But I want FUE so incase, I need to clip it all off, I can.

I am aware of the white dots, but hopefully, I can ask for .9 mm punch or lower.

I am not on finasteride, and I know its a risk getting a transplant without it.

I am open to ALL your suggestions. You are the expert here!

Ok, now what is your age and do you have any photos or a link with more information? Being a NW7 your prospects for coverage are not great and there are logistical challenges galore but it seems you have moderate goals so maybe you can find satisfaction.

I need your age and photos of the top and both profiles (left & right) and the back as well as a donor photo of both sides and the back with the hair lifted unless it is buzzed.
    Joe Tillman

Ok, now what is your age and do you have any photos or a link with more information? Being a NW7 your prospects for coverage are not great and there are logistical challenges galore but it seems you have moderate goals so maybe you can find satisfaction.

I need your age and photos of the top and both profiles (left & right) and the back as well as a donor photo of both sides and the back with the hair lifted unless it is buzzed.
    Will email you at your email address....Thank you dear kind sir.

No worries. Use admin at hairtransplantmentor.com.
    Last edited by JoeTillman; 01-13-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Joe Tillman

If you do actually get this done I hope you finally post some pics. I am curious to see how this turns out. Glad to see you finally pulling the trigger on something. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If you do actually get this done I hope you finally post some pics. I am curious to see how this turns out. Glad to see you finally pulling the trigger on something. Good luck.
    Thanks

No worries. Use admin at hairtransplantmentor.com.
    Dear Joe Tillman,

Thank you again for responding to my message. I finally got the courage to take the pictures of top, bottom, and sides.

I would literally need 1000s and 1000s of grafts to do something, and the fact that I am not on finasteride and my sides are thinning while still being Norwood 7. Therefore I deleted the pics, because it kind of hurts to look at, and I do not want to waste your precious time. I will just learn to cope and continue to do cardio and weight training.

While a sexy toned and muscular body will never make up for hair and framing of the face, let me take this minute to thank you again for such a prompt response.

You really are a kind soul, Joe Tillman, and I wish you a ton of success. May yours and Dr. Spencer Kobren's 2015 be blessed.

FTL,

I'm happy to help and thank you for the well wishes. I'd still like to see your photos sometime so try not to be so down on yourself if you take more. Maybe having an unbiased but informed and educated opinion can help put the issue to bed once and for all. Either way I wish you well.
    Joe Tillman